Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

new gun

Old 01-14-2009, 10:52 AM

Default new gun

well guys season is almost over and you know what that means. Income tax time! I went and looked at some new guns today because the old stoeger is actin up on me a little. I have it pretty much narrowed down to three options Browning bps 12ga in 3 1/2" mossy oak duck blind $659, Benelli super nova 12ga 3 1/2" max 4 camo $525, or Browning bps 10ga $725 in mossy oak duck blind. I really liked all of these guns. The benelli was my favorite followed by the 12ga bps then the 10ga. The thing that scares me about the benelli is someone told me they are pretty much the same gun as the stoeger pumps and for that money i dont want any problems! I know the bps is the cadillac of pumps and i cant go wrong there either! Come on guys give me some advice. What would you do and why? On a lighter note im really thinkin about gettin a benelli m2 20ga for teal and my girlfriend and kids think im gonna put it on layaway and pay it off when i get the other one. GOD I LOVE EARNED INCOME CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:41 AM

Default RE: new gun

all good choices but there are better options.To start off i love the 10 gauge but shells can be pricey not to mintion a little hard to get at times. the 31/2 12 are easy to get, and hard to beat if i were interested in a pump gun it would be the 870 super mag you cant wear one of these out, all steel no alloy,it will shoot 50 years from now just like it did the day it was bought. they just keep getting smoother and smoother, and if you need parts there easly gottin. i have seen the trap grade 870s shot for 40 years or longer and still going strong. they are the standard that all pumps are made of. as for the 20 gauge there is nothing like a 20 auto sweet gun all i hunt with are autos i hardley ever have any problems just keep them dry and clean i absolutly love the 1187 line from remington i have 2 20 gages and there are lite and handle great .
Old 01-15-2009, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

All good guns.
I traded my Browning auto 10 gold in for a Benelli SBE. The 10ga. was god awful heavy!
I would recommend the super mags over a 10ga any day, more versatile in my eyes.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:48 AM

i just really am not into the 870 im not knockin em ive owned two of em and they were great guns just want a little somethin different. And the price of ammo is a definite con for the 10ga but i shoot black cloud at $27 a box so its about the same just a little tougher to locate.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 AM

all good choices.. but i would look into the beretta xtrema 2 without kick off.. i know its alot of money but you get what you pay for.. and the beretta will never serve you wrong
Old 01-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 10points

all good choices.. but i would look into the beretta xtrema 2 without kick off.. i know its alot of money but you get what you pay for.. and the beretta will never serve you wrong
X2. BUT if I had to choose between the three you had, I'd take the BPS.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Spike

When is Remington launching the 2009 line? The Rem 887 NitroMag looks interesting. Its not an 870, the gun is completetly rebuilt, and is a definate waterfowl gun.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

I own a bennelli pump and i have dropped my gun in the water when i tripped and picked it up and shot it with water pouring out of the barrel and never had a problem. They are extremely easy to take apart and clean. I would recomend this gun to any avid duck hunter, besides the fact also they are priced decent compared to many other top end guns.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:25 PM

i like the looks of the benelli but everyone i know is tellin me to go with the bps. Maybe its because the bps has been around a while kinda like everyone tellin me to get an 870.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:55 PM

my choice for an all around solid pump gunis a 835 ulti mag i have killed about everything there is to hunt here in illinois with mine no problems whatsoever....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.