HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Broken leg (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/277911-broken-leg.html)

CodyGuess 12-10-2008 10:20 PM

Broken leg

well guys i had a accident the day after thanksgiving an broke my leg on the way to the duck blind....let me tell u it was painful an thank goodness for our good rescue team it took them 3 hours to get me out.. i spent 5 days in the hospital an Now have 8 screws an 2 pins in my right leg.. All i can do is thank the good lord for letting me live because she saved my life that day... But anyway its been two weeks an im dyin not getting to go duck huntin so i made a few calls an Im gonna try an go This Weekend.. I think with caution ill be just fine it may hurt a bit but i think ill be good.. here is a pic of my upper knee were they put in the rod..

Bowman4440 12-11-2008 05:24 AM

RE: Broken leg

Ouch! gives me goosbumps just thinking about it.

bcvd45 12-11-2008 07:45 AM

nice...it looks a lot like my ACL scars

CodyGuess 12-11-2008 10:40 AM

yea its a little painful well it was at first.. im jus happy an glad to be alive an glad the good lord was looking over me.. Now its time for me to get revenge on those stinkin Ducks.. im sure gonna try this weekend... but thanks for the comments guys.

mhogancu 12-11-2008 12:31 PM

post the story as to how you broke it and the process of the rescueif you have the time. hopefully you will have a fast and strong recovery.

CodyGuess 12-11-2008 02:38 PM

well i was heading out to the blind whe had to kinda make out way through the woods because our main trail had been blocked off by a tree which wud later haunt me but anyway we were jus going along an it came time to cross this little ditch but it had a awkard angle an it jus didnt seem right but i went ahead anyway an thats when the forwheeler flipped to the right an i tried to get off but it was jus way to late an before i realized it i was hearing a loud cracking sound an that was my leg.. so here i am laying down with the forwheeler on my right leg an i cant move because im pinned. My buddy was behind me about 10 min. so i decided to grit my teeth an pust the forwheeler off me an well somehow i did but the bad thing was i was right on the side of an erouded ditch which led to the lake so when i got my leg free i went tumbling down this 12 to 14 foot back an it was straight up an down an i hit the tree that was blocking our main trail an somehow manged to get pinned underneath it again. It was painful let me tell ya but anyway my buddy finally arrived an he seen my forwheeler flipped an he knew something was wrong an yelled for me an well i yelled back of course an he found me an called his mom an she called 911 an somehow the address were i was got mixed up an it was the wrong one. so finally they figured it out an they called for the rescue team to come in with 4wheelers an a rescue trailer to haul me out an thank goodnesss they gave me medicine on the spot because when they picked me up it hurt like hell. But they were great an i spent 5 days in the hopspital an now im home an this weekend im heading to my bro-in laws house an were going head to our pit blind so maybe ill be ok i mean i sure hope so. but thanks guys

timbo247 12-12-2008 01:57 PM

why didnt ur buddy just take you outta there?

mongorunner 12-12-2008 07:23 PM

ouch 4wheeler accident... you're lucky it didn't land on your head or chest... glad you're doing ok!

CodyGuess 12-15-2008 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: timbo247

why didnt ur buddy just take you outta there?

Buddy there was no way.. it took 5 rescue guys to get me outa there.. i toes were up by my face.. it was a nasty break

CodyGuess 12-15-2008 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mongorunner

ouch 4wheeler accident... you're lucky it didn't land on your head or chest... glad you're doing ok!

yes i am very lucky.. The good lord was watching over me.. but thanks