Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Old 03-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

I do not see why he would lie? Why would anyone make a story like this up? Perhaps we won't see pics, but I'd like to think that maybe it is true.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, he probably dropped it in a river that runs through ahigh fence deer huntin' preserve. If we did see a picture, it would just be photo shopped.

I agree it was one heck of a story, but whyexpress such cynicism?

Cynicism is the humor of hatred.

A cynic is just a man who found out when he was ten that there wasn't any Santa Claus, and he's still upset.

ORIGINAL:bigcountry
I have this sneakin suspicion, we will not be able to see this gun.
ORIGINAL: mr.mc54

I'd like to see this gun, for me to believe this story. This sounds like a real doozie too me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnets -river-drilling holes-how did you mark the spot??????? Don't tell me -GPS -OK.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

I do not know why I would make this story up, I have about 15 pictures on my cell phone, and my buddy is trying to help me get them on the computer. I am a little surprised that you guys would think I was making all this up. My buddy Canadaslammer69 was out with me so he can vouch for me. The gun is currently sitting at my Grandpa's house, all the blueing is off the barrel, but there is no rust. The finish on the forearm and stock is cracked, but nothing a little sanding can't take care of. I think I will be taking it to Gander Mountain to get it camo dipped in Max-4. I will try to get the pictures of right when it came out off my phone, but I will be get some pictures of the barrel and stock soon and post them.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks dk, I figured it was some technical stuff. I'm interested in seeing it soon.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:31 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: dkhunter8383

I do not know why I would make this story up, I have about 15 pictures on my cell phone, and my buddy is trying to help me get them on the computer. I am a little surprised that you guys would think I was making all this up. My buddy Canadaslammer69 was out with me so he can vouch for me. The gun is currently sitting at my Grandpa's house, all the blueing is off the barrel, but there is no rust. The finish on the forearm and stock is cracked, but nothing a little sanding can't take care of. I think I will be taking it to Gander Mountain to get it camo dipped in Max-4. I will try to get the pictures of right when it came out off my phone, but I will be get some pictures of the barrel and stock soon and post them.
Well, its just you used the magnet before and now it worked first try. I just have a hard time seeing how a magnet could get the job done. Especially since it doesnt' have a steel action. Only barrel. Hey, I amhappy if you are happy.

It doesn't mean crap if we have a hard time understanding it or not in the big picture..

Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just want you to know, that by asking to see pics, did not mean I was questioning your story. I've watched this post the whole way and was just interested in seeing pics. I have no reason to not believe you andI'm not sure why anyone wouldn't. When you get time, post the pics for those of us intereted in seeing them, not to prove yourself to anyone.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM

i was there when he pulled it out. the reason the magnet (rated to 100 pounds) didnt work at first is because the surface of the barrel was so smooth thatitkept sliding off. after it went through a winter in the water and the blueing came off, the rough steel was exposed and the magnet couldnt slide on it. i cant believe there are people who are doubting this. also, i was the one drilling all those damn holes on about three inches of river ice this winter. every part of this story is true.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

You thought I was being critical in my first post. I wasn't really.
I am very happy for you!! The camo dip is a great idea. Jim
Old 04-02-2009, 03:05 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: CanadaSlammer69

i was there when he pulled it out. the reason the magnet (rated to 100 pounds) didnt work at first is because the surface of the barrel was so smooth thatitkept sliding off. after it went through a winter in the water and the blueing came off, the rough steel was exposed and the magnet couldnt slide on it. i cant believe there are people who are doubting this. also, i was the one drilling all those damn holes on about three inches of river ice this winter. every part of this story is true.
Well, anyway it goes, it will be cool to see the pics. I know here in MD, if you dunk your gun in this bay water, she's a goner.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 AM
Fork Horn

I would for sure look into replacing the stock. That swelled and water torn wood will never be the same.

Quick Reply: Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.