Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Old 02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Just another idea ...

Get a seine/fish net, and tie off the corners, with rope.Add a few weights, and drop it next to the submerged gun, allowing it to lay flat, on the bottom, in very close proximity.

Drop your magnet down and try to get your gun to fall on the submerged seine/fish net. Draw all four corners of the seine/fish net together and hoist your gun to the surface. I know ... easier said than done.

It's certainly better than risking your life ... again.
It would be ideal, if you had two canoes and at least four people.

Keep us posted dkhunter, good luck with the Aqua-View!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:35 PM

honestly my friend whether you get the gun or not, it will be rusted, jammed and i almost garantee it will not work. your gun is ruined, might as well buy a new gun
Sorry bout yer problem.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Went out on the river, drilled over 60 holes with an auger, and dropped the aqua vu down everyone, couldnt see the gun. I am going to have to wait until ice out to throw magnets again and then once found with the magnets I could use the aqua vu to help snag it. I will post updates as soon as I get them
Old 02-23-2009, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

Theres no telling where your gun is by now. Its in a river with running water. If its even remotly in the same area, it's covered with silt. I have seen rivers move rocks the size of cars around, your gun is more than likely way down stream.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about this.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2eagles

You're crying because you lost a shotgun........
You should be happy to be alive. People have died in similar situations.
Maybe you should count your blessings and call the season over. WORK EXTRA next summer and buy another shotgun for next year.
Makes me think of the line in the old Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) movies. "Feelin' lucky, Punk?"
Not that you are a punk, but, "Feelin lucky?" Jim
Nobody here is crying. That is just accusitory and condescending.

It is a simple concept: the man wants his gun back.

Someone here has a self confidence issue. Why bring up how much "guts" someone has when it is completely irrelevant.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

good idea with the underwater camera. I don't think the gun would have moved that much. The barrel's not going to let the gun float away. Keep after it,, you'll get the gun back.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys went out today looking for the gun, the ice just got off the river and on the first throw with the magnet i felt something on the other end and pulled up my gun. i took it back and cleaned it off and about 98% of the rust came off. the wood is pretty water logged, but otherwise everything else is about perfect. when i ejected the shells all the parts worked perfectly. the only thing that really happened is the blueing came off the barrel, otherwise she is perfect. thanks for all the ideas guys, they all helped.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Spike

that's good news
Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Incredible story! Glad to see your persistence paid off!

Quick Reply: Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.