Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Old 12-22-2008, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

No one mentioned it and I may be mistaken, WAS THE GUN LOADED WHEN IT WENT IN?? Id be very carefull about pulling it out by the barrel.
That what i was thinking, of grabbing it by the trigger gaurd, but from what he has been saying about the mallards he could not get close enough to i think it it is, just be carefull, dont touch the trigger, if it goes off and there is air in the barrel it could explode. That i know thanks to Mythbusters.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you ever get the gun???
Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Spike

yea what happened
Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

No gun yet guys, I am getting an aqua view from one of my buddies, and I am going to slide my jon boat over the ice to the open water in the channel, drop down the aqua view and then use a gaff tied to the marsh pole and hopefully pull her out. I will give updates, and post pictures of the gun after being underwater for about a month.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:30 PM

If that doesn't work I think I would seriously just jump in and grab it... You obviously didn't get too sick the first time you were in there.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:57 PM

first off a canoe is a death trap on a river but we use what we can afford . if the water isnt to deep. just add longer handles to a set of posthole diggers and pad the jaws find it with the magnet and then just pick it up . and the gun wont be rusted when you get it out it takes air to make moisture turn to rust just get it out take it apart and oil it up the wood will probably be ruined but you can buy a synthetice stock cheap. ive recoverd cars out of lakes and rivers that werent rusted after years but in a couple of days in the air they will good luck.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Just try doing the polar plunge sometime, but when you do dive down ten feet and then you can tell me if I should just jump down there and get it. I could have died the first time when I went out, but thank the good Lord I didnt.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:59 PM

i had my boat go under earlier this year in the cold water. it was a lesson well learned and gettin back in that water would just be risking too much. bad idea
Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 PM

everyone telling my bro dkhunter to "just jump in" must be an ignorant southerner. ice+moving water= lucky to be alive if you go in for ANY amount of time. its not as simple as going for a quick polar plunge. for anyone that thinks it is, i would pay to see you come up to the tundra and "just jump in" after it.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:27 PM

No kidding! I flipped my kayak last year in freezing water and I couldn't even breathe for a few seconds, I even had on 3 layers of clothes. I learned real quick how fast you can panic in water that cold! Luckily I was in shallow water and was close to the house. If I would of been out in the boonies It could of been bad shallow water or not!

Quick Reply: Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.