Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Old 12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned

Default RE: Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

First off, it will last longer underwater than you think. My buddy lost a Browning Superposed and didnt get it back until the following spring. Still looks and shoots fine.

No one mentioned it and I may be mistaken, WAS THE GUN LOADED WHEN IT WENT IN?? Id be very carefull about pulling it out by the barrel.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just go get it....A quick dip with dry clothes nearby wont hurt you!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

Bad, bad advise. Last year, my boat fell off its trailer and was knocked sideways filling up with water, and I went in to right it, I felt like my legs went dead in seconds. This was icey waters. Finally got my boat up with the help of passerbys and they too had trouble walking out. I learned real quick right there, winter waters are not to be taken lightly.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

Bad, bad advise. Last year, my boat fell off its trailer and was knocked sideways filling up with water, and I went in to right it, I felt like my legs went dead in seconds. This was icey waters. Finally got my boat up with the help of passerbys and they too had trouble walking out. I learned real quick right there, winter waters are not to be taken lightly.
Thats why I said QUICK!! I mean quick too....no screwing around either! BUT a better idea is a decoy retriever pole would work perfect...
Old 12-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just put on a wetsuit and go get it for crying out loud.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:45 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

Just put on a wetsuit and go get it for crying out loud.
For crying out loud, send the man a wet suit SWThomas. Or better yet, go up there and get it for him for crying out loud.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Okay if you can lif the barrel with a magnet - lift up and try to slide a rope or a grapling hook.

JW
Old 12-12-2008, 06:23 PM

jump in the water and get your gun

Old 12-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

hey gil. its brando. i finally found your post.. I cant guarantee it, but i'll talk to my dad. He has his Scuba certification and him and his brother have been talking about doing a dive for awhile. They say they want to do it again together, before they get to old. So, if you want, ill ask him if he would be interested in diving for it.. it would give them a little mission. I cant guarantee anything tho.. you want me to ask him?

Brandon.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:48 AM

Sponsored Advertisement
Click here!
ORIGINAL: outdoorsman4life_103

hey gil. its brando. i finally found your post.. I cant guarantee it, but i'll talk to my dad. He has his Scuba certification and him and his brother have been talking about doing a dive for awhile. They say they want to do it again together, before they get to old. So, if you want, ill ask him if he would be interested in diving for it.. it would give them a little mission. I cant guarantee anything tho.. you want me to ask him?

Brandon.
A treasure dive is a lot of fun for a diver so it is not too hard to talk them into it.....usually.

Quick Reply: Gun Fell In, NEED HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.