Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck and goose jerky

Old 11-14-2008, 06:54 PM

Default Duck and goose jerky

hey everyone,,, I just got done putting some duck and goose meat,, sliced thin,, in some marinade so I can get it in the old dehydrater tomarrow and make alittle jerky ,,,,I was just woundering if anyone else ever used duck and or goose for jerky meat ,????? if you have not,, try it ,,,its great..

p.s. just make sure you slice it and soak it in water for a day before you marinade it.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Duck and goose jerky

I use all duck/goose meat exept teal, as jerkey! and the same advice, soak it in salt water for a day before you marinade it
Old 11-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use "Hi Mountain" brand jerky cure for goose, ducks, and big game. Works great.

Ron
Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use terriaki(sp?) or BBQ sauce on jerkey, and i have most of my friends addicted
Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 PM

you guys all just dehydrate it, or can you smoke it?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:34 PM

I dehydratemine and use store bought marinades and seasonings ,,but you can smoke it ,,its just the dehydrater seems easier to me,,

in fact the jerky I put on at 11:00am today is almost done muummm,muummm gooooood
Old 11-17-2008, 09:45 AM

I have made jerky before....

Also, I bought an electric smoker from Cabela's..

Just breast the ducks or geese and season them and smoke them....They are delicious...dip in a little kosher salt....Its heaven! A great way to eat duck and goose....for a snack or meal!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

I never use any store bought marinades, i like to use soy sauce and a1 sauce, also teriyaki is a good sauce to use as well. what i recently tried and i believe it made the best jerky to date was cut my meat up and put in the marinade, and then i froze the bag of meat/marinade for about 2-3 weeks, unthawed it and put it in the dehyrdator. one of the better ideas i have had.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

We make some pretty good jerky we have a recipie though i might try some store bought stuff this year though just to get a different flavor.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I've done it a fair amount. Easy to make and tastes pretty darn good too!!

Quick Reply: Duck and goose jerky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.