Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

shotgun shells debate

Old 10-23-2008, 04:10 PM

Default shotgun shells debate

I was also wanting 2 know what everyone's most favorite shotgun shells were. I personally like the fiocchi and the remington shells.
[align=center]I would like 2 know your favorite so I can try them and comment back.[/align]
Old 10-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: shotgun shells debate

i shoot black clouds
Old 10-23-2008, 07:28 PM

those are pretty good.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FIREEMT1271

i shoot black clouds

I'm sorry to hear that!

I'm guessin you're new to waterfowling, so go with somethin cheaper, and more reliable... me and the people i talk to have had way too many bad experiences with blackclouds. The cheap winchester steel loads should do you fine right now. I shoot Federal ultrashoks. I still don't care for the flight control wads.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Its hard to beat kent faststeels there reasonably priced and are good
Old 10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: FIREEMT1271

i shoot black clouds

I'm sorry to hear that!

I'm guessin you're new to waterfowling, so go with somethin cheaper, and more reliable... me and the people i talk to have had way too many bad experiences with blackclouds. The cheap winchester steel loads should do you fine right now. I shoot Federal ultrashoks. I still don't care for the flight control wads.
Oh no Chris, up until that post I have agreed with every word you have ever written on here. I'm just kidding with you. I don't doubt at all that you've had bad experiences with them cause I've certainly heard a lotta folks say they hate em and I don't think they got great reviews on this site from what I remember. I just happen to like em. A lot.

Actually, I am a former BC hater turned BIG TIME fan. Once I figured out what choke to be using with it, BC really performed for me. My turnaround day happened one afternoon when I shot my last DryLok and there was nothing left in the pit other than a box of BC. My cousin gave em to me and told me to give them another try. Up until that point I had been using them with a modified choke and absolutely mangled every duck I shot with it. It would cut close ducks in half (literally) and make hamburger of those at regular shooting yardage, and that's if I could connect with them at all. I hated the patterns. Anyway, I changed out the modified for an IC choke and it all came together for me. Clean kills the rest of the afternoon and season.

Therefore, I'd have to say my favorite is BC. My less expensive back ups, my Old Faithfuls, are still DryLoks. And yes I get made fun of for showing up with those too, but the ducks sho don't think it's funny .
Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

oops. double post
Old 10-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot Federal 3" 2's and 3.5"BB's
Winchester 3" Xpert or Drylok 4's all in 12GA

20ga, Federal 3" 4's
Old 10-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bow_hunter15

Its hard to beat kent faststeels there reasonably priced and are good
I agree. But I have had bad results with their All Purpose steel. I was hoping to save a few bucks, but I think it's cost me more in cleaning supplies.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot Federal Premium #2's 1-1/4 loads. Carlsons Light Mod choke

Quick Reply: shotgun shells debate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.