Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

shotgun shells debate

Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shotgun shells debate

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Black Cloud is so much better than anything I've shot in it's price range. I have a supply of Kent that needs to go away, and I will use it until it's gone, and will buy it again if need be. However, I am a Black Cloud fan and have seen what it will do first hand. I shot more limits last year using less shells than ever. I also had less cripples with birds falling grave yard dead. It is so effective that I have to be careful when there is only one bird left to fill my limit. I dropped 2 birds with one shot so many times last year it was comical. You guys can use what you want( I prostaff for no company), but it cracks me up when I hear someone say that Black Cloud is not that good. They flat just don't know what they are talking about.

Edit- No chill pill needed, I call 'em like I see 'em, and I'm a very seasoned waterfowler.
Some poeple think Fords make good vehicles. Some think that Fords are pieces of junk.

Some poeple swear that Zebco makes the best reels, hands down. Others swear that Zebcos always break and are a waste.

Keep this in mind... everyone is different: they have had different experiences with different things, therefore having different opinions. Just because you think something is great, doesn't mean that the next person will.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: metalsd1

I have used Black Clouds in my beretta xtrema 2 with a briley extended and ported choke and it was horrible. Haven't tried them with any other choke...It could have been my gun/choke combo and not the shells...i don't know.
Yep, you nailed it. I also shoot a Beretta Xtrema 2 and I am a BC fanboyas I stated early in this thread. Get another box of BC this year, but instead of shooting that ported choke, screw in the factory IC choke that came with the gun. I promise you'll come back on here with a different opinion.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

Black Cloud is so much better than anything I've shot in it's price range. I have a supply of Kent that needs to go away, and I will use it until it's gone, and will buy it again if need be. However, I am a Black Cloud fan and have seen what it will do first hand. I shot more limits last year using less shells than ever. I also had less cripples with birds falling grave yard dead. It is so effective that I have to be careful when there is only one bird left to fill my limit. I dropped 2 birds with one shot so many times last year it was comical. You guys can use what you want( I prostaff for no company), but it cracks me up when I hear someone say that Black Cloud is not that good. They flat just don't know what they are talking about.

Edit- No chill pill needed, I call 'em like I see 'em, and I'm a very seasoned waterfowler.
Some poeple think Fords make good vehicles. Some think that Fords are pieces of junk.

Some poeple swear that Zebco makes the best reels, hands down. Others swear that Zebcos always break and are a waste.

Keep this in mind... everyone is different: they have had different experiences with different things, therefore having different opinions. Just because you think something is great, doesn't mean that the next person will.

It's not a car or a fishing reel. It's a box of shotgun shells thet each individual shell will perform the same as the next one. If you shoot it out of the proper choke it isdeadly as they get.It just kills me to see someone give bad advice to a new waterfowler. The kid just asked what shells people like the most, not if he could get by with cheap Winchester's. I still question if you have ever used Black Cloud properly(right choke)at decoyed birds. It flat puts 'em on the ground, DEAD!!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using Estate 3 1/2 inch 2 shot for over ten years. I use 3 inch when I am in timber. I've killed a ton of ducks with them.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Fasteel for us.
Cant really beat it price wise and it has good knock down power. We also use Win. Expert for ducks
Old 11-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

It's not a car or a fishing reel. It's a box of shotgun shells thet each individual shell will perform the same as the next one. If you shoot it out of the proper choke it isdeadly as they get.It just kills me to see someone give bad advice to a new waterfowler. The kid just asked what shells people like the most, not if he could get by with cheap Winchester's. I still question if you have ever used Black Cloud properly(right choke)at decoyed birds. It flat puts 'em on the ground, DEAD!!
Its not bad advice. Its my opinion that I don't like blackclouds.

And your right, its not a car or a fishing reel, but the same concept applies.

And to answer your question, yes, I HAVE shot at decoyed birds, out of about 5 or 6 different chokes, using 3 different guns. I've had way more success using Ultrashoks.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your opinion on Black Clouds is not bad advice, it's your opinion. You have the right to that. (As wrong as I think you are, JMO). The bad advice was, he could get by with cheap Winchesters, when he ask you what your favorite shell was. I tototally disagree with you on Black Cloud, but if we all agreed on everything this would be very boring. I think you should giveBlack Cloudanother chance with a factory modified choke and a little visine in your eyes. If it makes you feel any better, I would use the Federal Ultra-Shoks anytime. I think they are great shells, just not my favorite. TheBlack cloud shells are the new guyon the block and we are talking newest technology out there to make a great shell that we can afford.Good Hunting!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:38 PM

faststeel...............and then xperts for passing shots get some hevi-shot
Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 PM

Black cloud they killed ducks up to 75 yards away
Old 11-26-2008, 08:08 AM

I've always found that its really hard not to be satisfied with Drylocs

Quick Reply: shotgun shells debate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.