Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 hey what do you think of hevie shot >

hey what do you think of hevie shot

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

hey what do you think of hevie shot

Old 09-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hey what do you think of hevie shot

I shoot #4 3" Remington HD at geese, and it is way better than steel. There are dead birds every shot. The HD is 34.00 a box, but there is a $15 rebate from Remington if there was no rebate I would not shoot it. If you go to the Remington website all the rebate info is there.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

I haven't shot the Remington HD yet, but plan on trying it this fall. I've shot HeviShot since it hit the market, and it is the best stuff I've ever seen. I've been hunting ducks for 40+ years, and have never liked steel. I shot bismuth when it came on the market, better than steel but not as good as lead was. Then, when HeviShot hit the market, I found what I think is the best waterfowl load ever made. Yeah, it is expensive as heck, so I don't shoot it much anymore, but I've never shot anything that kills ducks and geese better.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Kent works for me
Old 10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use hevi's on geese, generally going through 1 box a year, it doesnt make me shoot more, it makes me feel that i better nock down a bird to justify the money i just spent to pull the trigger.

on the other hand: i made a 55yard snap-shot on a turkey a few use backs using hevi-6's and the pellets blew strait through it killing it(body hit.) Also, my dad got a honker a few years back shooting hevi-4's three pellets went strait through the breast at about 40yards up, killed it in the air(even if it took me a 3/4 mile walk to recover it)

its great if you have the cash for it, but it wont make you a better shot if your innacuarate already
Old 10-05-2008, 11:00 AM

it's too expensive. nuff said of my opinion

plus it is funner when their feet are down.