Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Best Waders

Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 AM

Default Best Waders

What are the most durable waders? In your opinion.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Waders

LaCrosse BrushTuffs.

Mine are on their fourth season of 40+ hunt seasons. Never a leak, never a tear. Been in several states and in just about all conditions.

I would also like to see with my own eyes the new Drake Equiwader. I gotta be honest, I thought it was going to be priced about twice as high as it is. Comparable to the high end LaCrosse stuff.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

LaCrosse BrushTuffs.

Mine are on their fourth season of 40+ hunt seasons. Never a leak, never a tear. Been in several states and in just about all conditions.

I would also like to see with my own eyes the new Drake Equiwader. I gotta be honest, I thought it was going to be priced about twice as high as it is. Comparable to the high end LaCrosse stuff.

are their sizing charts pretty close to actual fit?

i ask because my Redhead's are a size 10, but my friend who wears an 11.5 fits in them well, obviously my feet don't fit snug like theyre supposed to
Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

LaCrosse BrushTuffs.
X2
Old 09-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

LaCrosse. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. They're tough, they'll keep you warm, and they allow you a lot of movement.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:51 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I have used Neoprene now for better than 15 yrs. Being and older duck hunter it allows me to move in the water easier.

I have the 5 mm Cabelas brand and just last yr finally bought the zipper up front pair to which I gave my old ones to my son in law. They took the brush, crawling, wading and never did pop a leak.

My zipper pair is even heavier to which should hold up just fine. As they have all told you - you get waht youpay for!

For yrs I used Hodgman rubber waders and needed to replace them about every 3 yrs. Now with Neoprene in the camo fabric I more than got my moneys worth out of my 1st pair.

I even went so far to buy a set of neoprene hip waders for my light days.

The brush bustersI have looked at and while the cordura fabric used will, as they say hold up tremendously under tuff brush conditions.
However cordura is far to stiff for this old guy to use and too noisy IMO.

From the Cabela page
Just slip your legs into these waders and zip them up with little more effort than putting on your favorite jeans. No more struggling and contorting with your old waders. Plus, the specially engineered zipper has been proven absolutely 100% waterproof during many grueling field tests around the world, so you're assured of staying dry and comfortable. The zipper also offers ventilation when the temperature rises. Warm, flexible 5mm neoprene covered with strong-as-iron Armor-Flex™ resists damage from punctures and abrasion while holding in the warmth and ensuring easy movement. Handwarmer pockets keep trigger fingers warm and ready to take that next passing greenhead. 1,000-gram Thinsulate™ Ultra Insulation in the boot traps a warm layer of air next to your feet, so even a day spent submerged in cold water won't send you back to the truck searching for heat. Reinforced knees are padded with 5mm neoprene for added durability and protection

link for to a Cabelas wader search and yes the sizing charts are accurate.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat20614&navAction=jump&nav Count=1&cmCat=MainCatcat20564&parentType=c ategory&parentId=cat20564

Link for wader comparison
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/compchart/comp-chart.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/product/display-hyperlinks-moreinfo.jsp_A&_DAV=false&backLink=/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp%3Fid%3D0040678830760a%26navCount%3D11%26p odId%3D0040678%26parentId%3Dcat20614%26masterpathi d%3D%26navAction%3Djump%26cmCat%3DMainCatcat20564-cat20614%26catalogCode%3DIJ%26rid%3D%26parentType% 3Dindex%26indexId%3Dcat20614%26hasJS%3Dtrue%26cmCa t%3Dcchart_hunt_wdrs&chartName=hunt_wdrs&f ilterName=current&backTitle=Cabela's+Zipper+Wa ders+-+Max+4&hasJS=true

JW
Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 AM

I have a pair of columbia waders. they are great.