HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   how much do you pay a season? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/261109-how-much-do-you-pay-season.html)

huntnteen 09-02-2008 10:36 PM

how much do you pay a season?

i did the math today, i figured out it costs my dad and i $250-$300 per person per year, excluding gas, shells, and food. We pay $38 for a license, $39 for the three stamps(CA duck, Federal duck, and upland), we pay $130 for our season pass to hunt the NWRs in CA, and then we pay somewhere between $30-$60 per person to enter in the drawing for reservations on the refuges. how does this compare to you guys? i had no clue how much my dad was paying to take me hunting with him, though until a couple years ago i was a JR, so i costedpayed $40-$60 total. now add about $100 in gas a weekend, and then food and shotgun shells, and we are spending upwards of $1000 a year on duck hunting, im donateing all the money ive been saveing for a new shotgun(about $300) to help lighten the burden on my dad(suprised him i offerd that much of my money). If you guys are not paying this much money to go, then what are you paying and would you be willing to pay the price we are?

SwampCollie 09-03-2008 09:15 AM

RE: how much do you pay a season?

I just bought my licenses the other day.

Now, keep in mind, I have a resident VA lifetime hunting license.... which takes care of exactly $18 per year worth of license I'd have to buy otherwise.

In addition to that, I paid $77 two days ago for big game, archery, fed waterfowl and state waterfowl... also a WMA access permit/state land permit.

I have 9 stationary blinds (about to be 10), they cost $11 each...(not including the materials to build them which is usuallyat least $400 per blind)so thats another $110 just in tags. Plus, I keep my boat listed as a floating blind, which is another $45.

Plus, I apply for a lot of refuge hunts (usually about 5) plus a Swan tag.... each of those lotteries are $6 each... so thats another $36.

then I also hunt in NC... which is another $90... and this year I'm going to Montana too, which is another $70..... and thats JUST for licenses.

I'm already broke....

GordonGekko 09-03-2008 11:45 AM

I don't really want to add it up....suffice it to say I could buy a brand new 4-wheeler every year for what I spend...but then what good would a 4-wheeler be....

pahntr760 09-03-2008 11:52 AM

License and stamp alone. $30 for the Utah Combo License and $15 for the stamp

superstrutter 09-03-2008 12:54 PM

Just the cost of gas, shells, and a Federal stamp. I'm only 30 minutes away from home where I duck hunt, so gas doesn't eat me up too bad. My land is only 50 minutes away from home where I deer and turkey hunt. I have no lease fees where I duck hunt and it is private property. I have no license fees. I have a lifetime license. I spend way more money on deer and turkey hunting than I do on duck hunting. Put all three together and I really don't want to know how much I spend a year. Gas alone makes up the majority of the costs. I usually go out of state for a few days during turkey season, so that makes the cost add up. I've got a really sweet deal for duck hunting. I've got the place pretty much to myself. The owner just wants me to keep people off the property, which I do. It's not a big problem now compared to the way it was years ago.I've been hunting this place since 1995 and don't plan on stopping unless the owner says I have to.

kwacksmacker 09-04-2008 12:21 PM

my wife would string me up if she knew what i paid for ducks. between licenses, gas, food, shells and the money of banquets throughout the year, suffice to say she would feel as if she came in second to waterfowl.:)

saltfisher 09-04-2008 02:07 PM

Regular PA hunting license, and the migratory game bird license is $23.00 per year (for both). That includes a buck in rifle season, small game, ect. Then for ducks/geese its $15 for a stamp for the year. Thats it. Then you can pretty much shoot anything on any state game lands, or private if you ask permission. So for me its $38 total for all my licenses for the year. Gas is non exsistant. I use a beater car I got over the summer, and it gets 34mpg. I go 10 miles to my spot and back. So 2 gallons of gas per week if i go every day.

johnch 09-04-2008 07:18 PM

Ohio stamp and liscense
Fed stamp
Probely a Canaden non redesent liscense

Decoys
Dog food and vet costs
Gun
Shells
Gas
New used motor
Ect
Ect

I would cry if I added it up

John

mongorunner 09-04-2008 09:00 PM

couple hundred

liscense

lakes boater registration fee

odds and ends

AR 34 eight point 09-04-2008 10:13 PM

License for waterfowl are 35 with stamp.

Youth are a buck.