Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Early Season Canadas

Old 09-02-2008, 08:37 PM

Default RE: Early Season Canadas

ORIGINAL: mulvany

Well for the past week we have been watching two flocks and following where they went. We thought we had them patterned, but saturday they didn't show up and sunday they didn't show up again, and today they didn't show up! I hate when they just vanish like that! We did find a few doves, my buddy and I got thirteen today, since there were no geese to be found.
Its ok dove taste better anyway
Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Early Season Canadas

I talked to a friend of mine today and he said monday he was going to go after some canada's but couldn't find any saturday or sunday so decided to take up some doves. He said right before dark he was headed home from taking some doves and 15 canadas locked up and landed in one of his fields when he drove past. He said he was ticked because that was the first time he saw them and he wasn't setting up on 'em