HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   getting started (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/256917-getting-started.html)

kwacksmacker 09-18-2008 01:28 PM

RE: getting started

get a shotgun that fits you, then go get some of the winchester cheap stuff. don't matter what you shoot if their feet are getting ready to get wet before you touch the trigger.

jstep89 09-22-2008 01:20 PM

well, today i went over to big 5 with the intention of buying the 870 with wood stocks for $329.99. i really wanted black synthetic but they didnt have it last time i checked. when i got there they had two wood stocks for $329.99and one black stock for $349.99. turns out the black one was a supermag and even the salesman didnt realize it. i didnt notice it until i shouldered it and saw "supermag 3 1/2" on the side. needless to say i bought the supermag for only $20 more. is that a good deal?

wdog1 09-22-2008 01:29 PM

wouldnt call it a deal thats the price range.........somtimes their in gander mtn for like 299...........but none the less you will love that gun my man you wont regret buying it.

saltfisher 09-22-2008 01:34 PM

I just sold a benelli nova for $250 in perfect condition. Get one used, and look it over before you buy one. They are out there.

jstep89 09-22-2008 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: wdog1

wouldnt call it a deal thats the price range.........somtimes their in gander mtn for like 299...........but none the less you will love that gun my man you wont regret buying it.
i was kinda suprised to see it since every else ive checked around here sells it for $500+

wdog1 09-22-2008 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: jstep89

ORIGINAL: wdog1

i was kinda suprised to see it since every else ive checked around here sells it for $500+

really??? where you been looking ? were talking 870 supermag synthetic right?

jstep89 09-22-2008 02:49 PM

yeah. the only thing i could think of why it was so expesive is because it was the camo but im not sure if it was.

wdog1 09-22-2008 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: jstep89

yeah. the only thing i could think of why it was so expesive is because it was the camo but im not sure if it was.
Its alright you got urs for a good price and you will love the gun.

jstep89 09-22-2008 11:40 PM

forgot to mention that the gun also came with a $30 mail in rebate

jstep89 12-01-2008 07:44 PM

forgot to update you guys on my opinion of this gun. i hate it. i should have just saved my money. its nothing but a piece of junk

just kidding lol. i love it. i am extremely pleased with this gun. i havent done a lot of hunting with it yetsince we havent had any rain but i went clay shooting a few times and i hit like90% of the shots i take. i also like the overall construction of the gun. it feels nice and solid in my hands. the only thing i dont care for is that the grooves on the vent rib can be rough on your hands. i usually wear gloves and i want to get a sling so i wont notice it anyway.