Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

can. geese.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:40 PM

Default RE: can. geese.

i wouldnt go with rags, the more realism the better. Just get some cheap shells or something. Look around on different forums in the classifieds and you could also get good deals on used shells. You'd probably only need a dozen or so since you are just starting out. Find where the birds are, what fields they are using etc, and then get permission and set up the decoys where you see the geese. That should get you some shooting.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:05 AM

Where you from ??/
Old 08-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

southwest indiana sullivan near terre haute
ORIGINAL: wdog1

Where you from ??/
Old 08-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

the geese i am assuming that you are seeing are the giant geese. if they are and you are hunting a field that they are using with a fence row all you need is 7 or 8 full body decoys out there about 30 yards it is amazing how those geese will suck right in to that spread. i cant help you on the water side of things because i have never hunted them over water before. now if you are hunting the small lesser Canada Geese you should look at the sillosock Canada Goose decoys the look good and are only about 80 dollars a dozen they make alot of movement and the geese love them.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

the ones i have seen both in the field and on the water are the big ones
ORIGINAL: ksfowler

the geese i am assuming that you are seeing are the giant geese. if they are and you are hunting a field that they are using with a fence row all you need is 7 or 8 full body decoys out there about 30 yards it is amazing how those geese will suck right in to that spread. i cant help you on the water side of things because i have never hunted them over water before. now if you are hunting the small lesser Canada Geese you should look at the sillosock Canada Goose decoys the look good and are only about 80 dollars a dozen they make alot of movement and the geese love them.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

Where you from ??/
Were in southeastWisconsin and wejust smack the hell out of themyour welcome to come and learn a few things and havea good time.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

might do that sometime always wanted to check your area out.

Where you from ??/
Were in southeastWisconsin and wejust smack the hell out of themyour welcome to come and learn a few things and havea good time.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should get some bigfoot fullbodies and some bigfoot floater decoys and maybe a couple dozen hot buy canada shells by greenhead gear if you are willing to spend that much if not then i would just go with the hot buy shells and maybe some cheep floaters heters makes some cheap floaters that look decent or they have some where you buy the bodies and heads and a paint kit and do it your self. and call wise you could go with the sean mann express shorty it is a poly version call that sounds good for only 50 dollars. Good luck this is a very epansive sport.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya and i thought deer hunting was
What worrys me is i am thinking the decoys might have to wait a year.
but i think i will still set up and hunt them can not hurt might be good practice for next season
ORIGINAL: ksfowler

You should get some bigfoot fullbodies and some bigfoot floater decoys and maybe a couple dozen hot buy canada shells by greenhead gear if you are willing to spend that much if not then i would just go with the hot buy shells and maybe some cheep floaters heters makes some cheap floaters that look decent or they have some where you buy the bodies and heads and a paint kit and do it your self. and call wise you could go with the sean mann express shorty it is a poly version call that sounds good for only 50 dollars. Good luck this is a very epansive sport.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:57 PM

might do that sometime always wanted to check your area out.

Where you from ??/

just send me or wdog a pm anytime, were always willing to take a new guy out, the more the better

Quick Reply: can. geese.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.