Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

teal

Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: teal

The first couple days of the season the birds dont care what decoys you are using. i think you could use any decoys that you want and if they are in the area they will land or atleast fly by with in 20 yards or so. your drake mojo would be fine. But later in the season they get smart like all waterfowl and they tend to avoid bad decoys and any thing that doesnt look good. A word to the wise when they are flying they are going slower than you think the just look like the are fast because they are in such tight group and moving around in the flock so much.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: teal

ORIGINAL: wdog1

ORIGINAL: johnch

I run a Mojo and 12 mallard decoys
so does everyother guy in America.
umm...not exactly.... many don't and won't use a Mojo.... I refuse to use one personally, even where I can still legally do so...and I prefer Blue Wing teal decoys during BWT season....

get out scout the birds and go hunt them...it is a headache to learn through failure but there are no shortcuts in duck hunting if you really want to learn how to hunt them....