Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

9 yr. old goose hunter

Old 01-21-2002, 10:28 AM

Default 9 yr. old goose hunter

Hey fellow goose hunters, thought you might like to hear this story. I bought my 9 yr old son his first 20 guage for his birthday this year, which is 15 days before Christmas. I took him on his first goose hunt about 2 weeks ago. He did a good job and got his first goose. Well, this morning we went to his grandpa's and did some pass shooting. You're probably not going to believe this, but his second goose to ever shoot was an old Snow Goose with JEWELRY. Can you believe that! I have been hunting waterfowl for 15 yrs and have not killed a banded goose. I've shot 5 ducks with bands, but no geese. This year my son got his first deer, goose, dove and now a banded goose. I am so proud of him. He is the best hunting partner. I am going to have to start saving money because he is hooked on waterfowl. Oh, the deer is getting mounted and I guess I will get the goose mounted too. I am going to try to put his pictures in the trophy gallery. Hope you have hunting seasons like this, it's awsome!

Edited by - Boudreax on 01/21/2002 17:05:32
Old 01-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-21-2002, 04:53 PM

Default RE: 9 yr. old goose hunter

Very cool...My 9 year old step son hopes to hunt next year. Hopefully with some of the same results that your son had.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 9 yr. old goose hunter

The little man around here is still unsafe with a BB gun. I hope in a couple more years that he can be my little hunting buddy just like yours. He seems to be picking up the rules and regs faster than he is watching where that gun is pointed. If only I can get him to take me hunting when I am 80! THAT IS THE PLAN. "ducks till you die".