Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Quack Attack

Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 AM

Default Quack Attack

Have any of yall seen the commercail for this stuff or seen it in a catolog i thinks it might possibly be the biggest waste of money ive ever seen. maybe im just dumb but i dont think ducks can smell because if they did wouldnt the duck commander and all of us wingshotters be wearing scentblock.

Let me know what yall think on QUACK ATTACK

.243win
Old 07-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quack Attack

ORIGINAL: .243win

Have any of yall seen the commercail for this stuff or seen it in a catolog i thinks it might possibly be the biggest waste of money ive ever seen. maybe im just dumb but i dont think ducks can smell because if they did wouldnt the duck commander and all of us wingshotters be wearing scentblock.

Let me know what yall think on QUACK ATTACK

.243win

The duck commander was the first person I ever heard of talking about a duck's sense of smell.

I've never seen any scientific data to back it up one way or the other... but that man has lived longer than I have (twice as long almost exactly) and shot probably 5-6 times as many ducks (and thats probalby a low number)... so I respect his experience and knowledge a lot.

It does make me wonder though how ducks can find food... short of seeing it from the sky.... maybe they just kinda fly around until they find some... who knows...
Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 PM

If ducks and geese can't smell how do you think they can find corn covered by several inches of snow?
Old 07-04-2008, 06:13 PM

i don't think ducks have a very acute sense of smell. i think how they find food is just like a guess and check style but who knows
Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 AM

Duck hunting is a very minded game in most part of the world. The players uses a gun to any of the moving ducks.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
alizia
http://www.addictionrecovery.net/south-dakota
Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Ducks sense of smell is about the same if not a bit worse then ours
compared to big game its terrible
[align=left] [/align]
Old 07-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: alizia

Duck hunting is a very minded game in most part of the world. The players uses a gun to any of the moving ducks.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
alizia
http://www.addictionrecovery.net/south-dakota
Very insightful. Thank you.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Inactive

If ducks and geese have that acute a sense of smell, why do hunters set their decoys out in such a fashion that the ducks/geese land into the wind and toward the hunters ?

I have shot a considerable number of ducks in my day, and i still prefer to have them fly into my blind area. The only times i have ever seem them spooked, was because of movement in or around the blind area.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a great product! It is great for the people that will sell it, and separate you from your money! I'm calling COMPLETE BULLCHIT! Not worth 5 cents.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think ducks can smell good enough to detect human odor but I believe they can smell food, especially in the water. I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff worked.

I've got a pond that I plant something in every year and this year I'm doing japanese millit again. I planted the muddy areas about a week ago and this past thursday I threw some seed in the water just to see if it would come up. By the next morning there was 15 woodducks on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.