Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

small pond duck blind

Old 06-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default small pond duck blind

[align=left]i need some duck blind tips for building a blind in a small pond
the pond is ssurrounded 95% by woodland and the part without woods is too close to a public road
i've seen ducks there and i own some land
so its a good place but i need tips to build one
[/align]
Old 06-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: small pond duck blind

Unless you are in Eastern VA or or Eastern NC why bother to build a blind? Take it from me... it can be a real chore.

All I would do is just clear out a spot, use the natural vegetation already in place to build up behind you and slightly over you. Wear a facemask and sit still. Carry in a dove stool or something similar. Its really pretty simple.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Unless you are in Eastern VA or or Eastern NC why bother to build a blind? Take it from me... it can be a real chore.

All I would do is just clear out a spot, use the natural vegetation already in place to build up behind you and slightly over you. Wear a facemask and sit still. Carry in a dove stool or something similar. Its really pretty simple.
Good advice,

I would wade if it is possible, the problem with building a blind is that you cant always make the right adjustmentsto set up with the wind properly.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 PM

i agree for sure just use trees from around you sharpen the ends and stick them into the ground where ever you plan to be hunting=you can make as an elaborate a blind as you want but i definantaly wouldn't bother with building a blind
Old 06-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Fork Horn

get a small low profile boat like a poke boat, a pirogue, or an otter final attack and cover it with brush/grass, the low profile is good and they will enable you to move out away from the woods a bit into the open water and move around depending on the wind...kind of like a mini layout boat....
Old 06-17-2008, 05:47 PM

yeah that is a good idea but lord are them little boats expensive!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

[align=left]i have a small boat like what you were talking about the problem is that the pond is hard to get through because of the dense vegetation in the water
[/align]
Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Find yourself different spots to sit around the pond. The sun, wind, clouds, etc will dictate where the ducks want to land. There's no sense of making a permanent blind on a pond, only to find out that the ducks like to land somewhere else on a consistent basis.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.hunting.net/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=452

I carry a burlap bag with cammo material, tent poles and clothes pins. I can build a great duck blind in less than 5 minutes. Building one out of my burlap bag can help in the fact that I can change locations on every hunt.

Check out the link above, it's a pretty cool looking blind. I googled how to build a duck blind and got more results than I thought. Good luck.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Bingo.

At the most you can grab some sapplings and make a little wall or somthing you help break yourself up.

Just put yourself in a area where you are in range where in the ducks fly over/land.

Use maybe 8 or 9 decoys and 2 goose decoys and your good to go.

I have hunted small areas and maybe had 6 decoys and limited on ducks, small water is some of the best shooting.

Quick Reply: small pond duck blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.