Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Need hunters feedback!!

Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 AM

Default Need hunters feedback!!

Hi Everyone,
Im creating the hunting porting of a website for a ranch in Argentina. My customer is trying to attract hunters from all over the world, and has hired me to create the hunting portion of his site. I was hoping all your experienced hunters could answer a few questions to help me make it a good site. I would really appreciate your feedback since you all are the experts!!!!

1) What types of things do you look for when researching a website for a possible hunting trip?

2) What things do you feel the owners of the hunting grounds should provide? Especially if you are going to another state or country to hunt?

3) If you where to take a trip that lasted more than 2 days to a hunting ground, what other activities would you be interested in doing?

4) In regards to the animals that you can hunt, what specifics would you like to know about them before you go there? Are there certain things you would like to know about them before hand in preparations for your hunt?

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, and if you feel there is anything else you would like to add PLEASE feel free to do so!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Need hunters feedback!!

1. location, rates, and how the guides are.
2. cleaning service, transporation to and from the blind, and lodging.
3. fishing
4. not really any specifics here.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think you are approaching this the right way. These are questions that are not going to help you achieve your customer's goal. He needs to develop a message and convince people here to say heck with anything easily accessible... let's go to Argentina. It's going to be much more trouble getting there, but let's do it anyways because that's where we need to go.

The questions you need to ask is not to us, but to yourself and your client. I assume your offering will include waterfowl hunting so what makes Argentina such a special place to go for waterfowl hunting that I would want to take my pocketbook out to pay for it?

Otherwise, you might make a nice site with some good information, but nothing will result from it...

my $ 0.02.

Good luck
Old 06-11-2008, 03:55 PM

well yes that was going to be part of it too, but I dont want to have a site about how great argentina is and then have no information that hunters need
Old 06-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingAdvice

[color=#000099][size=2]1) What types of things do you look for when researching a website for a possible hunting trip?
Honestly I do not book any hunting trips over the internet. I know it is done, and is a great niche for you to explore and use, especially from afar. Personally, I wouldn't travel anywhere out of country to any place that didn't come recommended from someone I know and trust. (Unless you are giving one away that is.....)

ONE BIG THING THOUGH: And this is feedback directly from folks who have been there and reported back to me.... make it very clear that the price does not include ammunition.... and list the price rate for the ammunition! Most people think they are getting a great deal when they pay $1500 for a six day dove shoot including lodging and food until they find they are shooting twenty-five boxes of shells each afternoon at $10/box. By the time you are done you have either shot yourself broke, or doubled the price of your hunt. A lot of first timers don't realize this.... please make it clear.

2) What things do you feel the owners of the hunting grounds should provide? Especially if you are going to another state or country to hunt?
That depends entirely on what sort of crowd and price point you are trying to attract and fit. If you are selling three day weekend dove shoots for the middle class bunch, four walls, a roof, a guide, and three square meals are all thats required.

If you are trying to attract high end business clientel... then you had better have a three-four star eatery, full bar, lush accomodations, bird boys and reloaders and some other things that are uniquely Argentinian, such as a ride with some Gauchos into the mountains or what have you.

Transportation to and from the airport and the hunting grounds is expected.

3) If you where to take a trip that lasted more than 2 days to a hunting ground, what other activities would you be interested in doing?
I guess I kind of answered that in the previous question. It would be nice to have the opportunity to ride some horses or fish. Personally next to waterfowl/bird hunting, my next love is offshore fishing. South America (though mostly Northern SA) has some of the best close to shore billfishing in the world.

4) In regards to the animals that you can hunt, what specifics would you like to know about them before you go there? Are there certain things you would like to know about them before hand in preparations for your hunt?
Again, it depends on what kind of hunt you are offering. Since this is the waterfowl forum, I am assuming you are going to be offering ducks and doves. I know that Arg. has fine red stag and boar hunting also. If you are going to offer a guided hunt, then really all that is required is a list of what to bring and what the conditions will be like. If you are just going to turn hunters loose on their own... then thats a whole different matter. Personally I'd prefer a guide for stag.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:16 PM

That was some of the best advice yet!! Thanks