HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   TriStar firearms (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/245725-tristar-firearms.html)

Ideezy5 05-11-2008 05:06 PM

TriStar firearms

Anyone know anything about TriStar firearms, i was looking at the 12 ga viper 3 1/2 and wanted to no about there dependability or if they even hold a candle to a manufacturer likeremington, browning, etc.

saravanans 12-29-2009 10:01 PM

Enter the TriStar Cobra Force shotgun with a spring-loaded fore-end that, quite literally, assists a shooter in bringing the shotgun back into battery. According to Garrett Bader, of TriStar sporting Arms, “You can fire this gun almost as fast as a semi-auto.”

The gun, which is manufactured in Turkey by Armsan, comes with a formidable looking flash hider that can be replaced with Beretta/Benelli-style choke tubes. The receiver has a Picatinny rail already mounted, the fore-end has another rail, and up front a fiber-optic sight provides quick target acquisition in low light and operates well as a post in virtually no light.

It gets exhaustive testing in the January issue of Shooting Illustrated magazine that's available on newsstands today, and there were some surprises uncovered, including its unusually crisp trigger with a consistent 5-pound let-off weight.
================
cadillac wheel hub bearing
Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems, Car's, 4WD, SUV's and Trailers

jamunesjhy 01-28-2010 01:48 AM

The biggest issue, for me anyways, would be the availability of spare parts as was said here already. I bought a Remington 870 tactical 18.5 inch barrel and love it........ fits wel into the scabbard attached to my pack, fires 2 3/4 or 3 inch shells (I prefer the 2 3/4 myself) and I can go anywhere to get parts. I also have a Wingmaster for bird hunting and the parts are interchangeable
========================================

Foreclosures in Scottsdale
wrought iron buffalo

BOYWONDER 09-08-2010 10:27 PM

I got a Tri-star semi-auto last fall for duck hunting. I love it, it won't cycle trap loads but that not what it was made for. The customer service is the best I have ever seen, The sling swivel had came out of the mag. cap two days later i had a new one. It's light, easy to handle, and being able to use a sling on those long walks is a god send. Get a tri-star or 11-87 you won't be disappointed.

I got the 3" camo version

justashooter 09-09-2010 05:27 AM

I have a Smith and Wesson 1012, and I believe the S&W is very near the same as the TriStar....or at least it appears to be.

There are a few semi autos produced out of Turkey that have the same looking receiver, and I wonder if they are all made by the same manufacturer for the different marketing companies throughout the world. ie TriStar, Franchi, Stoeger, S&W,Charles Daly.

I like my S&W, it functions as it should and it came with two "gas valves" for light and heavy loads, 5 choke tubes, stock shims and MODB camo....new in the box I won the auction for less than half the retail cost off GunBroker, it was a bargain !!!

I also have an 11-87 Sportsman and it does fit/feel better to me, even being a bit heavier than the S&W.

I wouldn't shy away from the TriStar if I were in the market for another shotgun.