Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Want to no what is better gun? >

Want to no what is better gun?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Want to no what is better gun?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Want to no what is better gun?

Remington 11-87 super mag or beretta extema 2 or winchester sx2 or sx
wanting to get new gun its between these
Help needed
Old 03-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want to no what is better gun?

Why don't you shoot a Benelli like your sig says? Pretty hard to beat 'em.

Of what you listed I'd take the Beretta... sell it for an old 870 and go to canada in october with the change.

No seriously, I'd give it to the Beretta or the Winchester. There are plenty of 1187s in the field running well, but I see more issues with 1187s at the gun shop than almost any other semi auto, and certainly more than I should see with a gun at its price point.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok what do you guys think about Mossberg 935s then?

and Remingtons have never given me much of a problem
Old 03-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

I'm in the process of trying to sell/trade my 11-87 super mag and the store where i bought mine won't even take it back on a trade!!!. They even sent what few they had in stock back to remington due to the problems they had. The 3" 11-87's are still a good gun but the supermag isnt anything but trouble. Go with a benneli, berreta, browning, or winchester.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have a benelli nova and just got 935 and it took a crap and want a semi auto for 3.5s for around 1000$ and dont have enough for sbe2
thanks for advice

Old 03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deke12ga

I'm in the process of trying to sell/trade my 11-87 super mag and the store where i bought mine won't even take it back on a trade!!!. They even sent what few they had in stock back to remington due to the problems they had. The 3" 11-87's are still a good gun but the supermag isnt anything but trouble. Go with a benneli, berreta, browning, or winchester.

Yeah... and people don't believe me when I tell them that! Hell I sell them for a living.. and I can't warn people off them! Ought to make my buyers sign a waiver for those things.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

This is the reason I believe it's a mistake for Benelli to offer 3.5" only in the SBE2.

I bought the Winchester SX3 last summer and absolutely love it. I prefer it over the xtrema only because it fit me better out of the box. Both are great guns
Old 03-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Beretta Xtrema 2 and a Winchester SX2. I prefer the Winchester SX2 better because it fits me betterand it absolutely never jams. However, the Beretta Xtrema 2 is probably built of better materials such as stainles steel and Beretta's Aqua (or whatever) technology, which makes the gun virtually corrosion-proof. So, it's hard to tell you which one to get. The Beretta is an incredible duck gun because of it's ability to withstand harsh weather, but don't buy it just because it's a Beretta. Give the Winchester a good look. It's every bit as dependable as the Beretta, just not as high-tech.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: deke12ga

Yeah... and people don't believe me when I tell them that! Hell I sell them for a living.. and I can't warn people off them! Ought to make my buyers sign a waiver for those things.
If you get anyone else who asks you and wants another opinion of how sorry they 11-87 supermag is just end them to me!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Jeezz I'm sure glad I didn't go with the Rem after reading this.I started out looking at 11-87,SBEII. XTREMA,and Browning Silver.I finally made the deal today for the Xtrema.My dealer made me a good deal in the XTREMA (not 2) from last years stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.