Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What Kind Of Shotgun

Old 03-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What Kind Of Shotgun

I bet you anything if you started shootin a pump, you wouldnt even notice chambering&ejecting rounds, meaning you would shoot fast as you would need to.

I don't want to speak for everyone, alot of people are saying 870 because it is a dam good gun, but your on a budget and if you get a cheap semi, its going to shoot like a cheap semi

look and good semis....X2,Super black eagle 1187...your lookin at about a grand, not unless find a used one even then its going to be spendy

if you get a 870 or a super nova, I dont think you will be dissapointed.

ORIGINAL: ox1443

Cause I like shoooting things fast i dont got all day to P1$$ around with a pump haha No Just kidding i just dont like pump shotguns becasue i have a really nice Mossberg 20 gauge bolt action shot gun in fact i love it but the thing is i hate that it's bolt action (takes awhile to load) so thats why i want a Semi and just dont like pumps
Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

The black version of the Winchester SX-3 should be pretty close to that budget number. It's a bit higher here in QC, but our taxes are quite a bit more than yours.

Also, you should look into the Franchi I-12.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:43 PM

Antying thats aMossberg is a really loyal gun
Old 03-08-2008, 05:51 PM

another vote for the 870 supermag, mines a do all shot gun just change choke tubes
Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

I shot a winchester 120 pump for years and love everything about pumps. just like mensioned before you can shoot one as fast or faster that a semi. On the other hand im a roofer with carple tunnle so i needed a semi i found the stoeger on line and studied for a few months on it. When i went down to get it i loved it. Some people have had bad luck with it but i have shot a couple hundred rounds through it in the last few months and have never had a jam. If you are scared of the reputation try a frachi when i bought my m2000 the franchi was $100 more or so with the same inertia drive action it just didnt look as good to me
Old 03-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

REM1187
Old 03-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

if youre from saskatchewan you might as well go with something great, go with a benelli sbe2, itll take longer to save for, but once you shoot it you wont regret spending about 1600 bucks on it, trust me on this one. but if you really wanna go with something cheaper, charles daly makes nice shotguns for pretty cheap, i think they have a camo model with a 3.5in chamber for around 400 bucks if i remember correctly. also you cant go wrong with a classic remington 870, i started with one and you can find one for about 250 bucks.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Spike

Hey OX1443,

If your buget is under $600then you are still in good shape. Here are a few choices and if you have a Dick's Sporting Goods, or Gander Mnt.near you then you have it made for less than $400;

1) Benelli Nova - 3 1/2" chamber, black syn. pump...if you don't mind a pump then this is a work horse shotgun for serious waterfowlers.
2) Remington 11-87 - Same as above.

Other manufactures make fine shotguns as well. It's really all about what you plan on hunting. If you are going to hunt geese then go with a shotgun chamberedfor 3 1/2".

Greg

Old 04-27-2008, 03:41 AM

Hey man, i am not gonna try to sway you to buy a pump gun. Your set on getting a Semi, stick to it. If you want a good one, you might have to buy used. There is nothing wrong with buying used, i actually prefer to buy used guns because then i have no issues with actually USING them. Another thing is that if your ever gonna sell it, buying used, you will be able to get almost what you paid for it, while buying a new gun...you will not.

I bought a Remington 1100 recently on Gunbrokerfor 275 dollars out the door. I bought another before that for 300 dollars. Since you potentially willhave 300 more dollars in your budget if you can get one for that price, you can put that towards chokes, shells, dekes....and of course, GAS!!!

No swaying, just good advice. Good luck and remember...drakes and hens taste the same!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
G92
Fork Horn

Stoger

Quick Reply: What Kind Of Shotgun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.