Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What Kind Of Shotgun

Old 03-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What Kind Of Shotgun

870 was my 1st, now i shoot the best there is
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: matt1214

870 was my 1st, now i shoot the best there is

Oh you traded in your express and got a wingmaster! Awesome!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:31 PM

But isnt and Rem 870 Pump ??????????? I like semi's
Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ox1443

But isnt and Rem 870 Pump ??????????? I like semi's

Why?

Not trying to fight with you, but is there a particular reason? Its tough to get a reliable (waterfowl reliable not bird hunting reliable) semi for a cheap price tag. Sooner or later a semi is going to hang up..... I have NEVER seen or heard of one that hasn't at some point. What people consider a "jam" varies... but if the trigger is pulled and there is no boom... its a jam... if the shell doesn't eject... its a jam... you name it. With a pump, if it doesn't work... you probably short stroked it.

Just remember you get what you pay for.....
Old 03-04-2008, 05:10 PM

Cause I like shoooting things fast i dont got all day to P1$$ around with a pump haha No Just kidding i just dont like pump shotguns becasue i have a really nice Mossberg 20 gauge bolt action shot gun in fact i love it but the thing is i hate that it's bolt action (takes awhile to load) so thats why i want a Semi and just dont like pumps
Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanting a semi auto is enough of a reason to get one if you ask me. I'm just using a little Socratic method on you.... helps you figure out exactly what you are after and why. Solidifys the buying decision so to speak. And by the way.... I'd bet square money that I can shoot a pump gun just as fast or faster than you could shoot a semi..... most guys who grow up with pumps will agree. It ain't about shooting fast anyway... but a pump has never slowed me down any. I digress. If you want a semi... have at it. Nothing wrong with them at all. For the money you are wanting to lay down, as I see it you'll have to cough up some more bread for the stoeger, or buy used. You might well find a super sale on a 390 at Wal-Mart, but otherwise you'll be better off to save your money.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM

I'am another 870 fan . I use the super mag for everything just adjust the shell 23/4 to 31/2. Fast and dependable.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 AM

The only way you can shoot 3 inch magnums in a Model 1100 is if it was designed for 3 inch magnums.

You cannot shoot 3 inch magnums in a 2 3/4 inch reciever because the ejection port and the magazine and the reciever is different between the 2 3/4 and 3 inch magnum guns.

Anyone that hunts geese and ducks with a bolt action 20 ga shotgun is either young and foolish or poor or lives in a target rich enviroment.

I bought a good used Demonstrator Browning Gold Hunter 3 1/2 12 gauge shotgun - off the rack at a place called Grice Gun Shop - for $650 out the door.

It's probably a $1000 shotgun.

They have them all the time because they are a dealer rep for Browning and Browning uses these guns at shows for display purposes and also at gun shoots where they are the sponsor.

They might have a few dings and dents - but no major damage.

I am harder on my guns than they are.

You might could call them and see what they have available and have it transfered through your local gun shop.

My back up gun is a Model 870 - 12 gauge Super Magnum.

It might be a pump, but I can shoot it as fast as most semi automatic shotguns and it is designed to last a lifetime. Synthetic stock and black finish that only needs a quick rub down with WD 40 after each hunt to keep it working and looking like new.

Mmost semi's don't like being out in a marsh for days at a time and dropping them in the water is a no no. A pump is more forgiving.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

The only way you can shoot 3 inch magnums in a Model 1100 is if it was designed for 3 inch magnums.

You cannot shoot 3 inch magnums in a 2 3/4 inch reciever because the ejection port and the magazine and the reciever is different between the 2 3/4 and 3 inch magnum guns.
well i can i dont know how my dad made to where i can but he bought a barellel that they dont make any more (because it allows you to shoot 3")
Old 03-05-2008, 01:44 PM

I have my 870 and used it exclusively for yearsbut nowI love my SX2.

Quick Reply: What Kind Of Shotgun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.