HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   duck calls (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/229777-duck-calls.html)

duckhunter12 01-29-2008 06:32 PM

duck calls

i need help on finding a good duck call under 100 bucks any sugestions

deerhunter518 01-29-2008 07:52 PM

RE: duck calls

try the bachlorette by knight and hale, good raspy call. or the nag by primos, good single reed call that you will be able to do anything with.both run about $15

Chris_H 01-29-2008 08:24 PM

My personal favorite duck call for under $100.00, and for any priced call as a matter of fact, is the RNT Original wood. Mine is the cocobolo wood style. I like wood calls better because they tend to be softer and sound more natural, but it does have its cons.This call, like all other wood calls,tends to hang up and swell on cold, wet days after calling for a while. You can also check out the daisy cutter and the microhen. Just go to rich-n-tone.com and you can listen to the calls and their abilities.

If you are looking for a good single reed on a lower budget, check out the duck commander calls.

kingvjack 01-30-2008 05:25 AM

I use an H.S.Strut Bill Collector.... Has a nice ring to it.

Colorado Luckydog 01-30-2008 07:06 AM

You are probably new to calling. If I were you I'd buy a very inexpensive call that comes with an instrucional dvd. Buck Gardner is one of the best! I've killed just as many ducks with a $6 dollar primos as I have with my $150 dollar Meat Cutter! With ducks it's not usually the call it's the caller. Knowing when and how to call ducks is more important than the call itself!

Edit-Practice x3

Crowkilla 01-30-2008 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

You are probably new to calling. If I were you I'd buy a very inexpensive call that comes with an instrucional dvd. Buck Gardner is one of the best! I've killed just as many ducks with a $6 dollar primos as I have with my $150 dollar Meat Cutter! With ducks it's not usually the call it's the caller. Knowing when and how to call ducks is more important than the call itself!
I agree 100%. Primos makes some really good, inexpensive calls. And Buck Gardner's Straight Talk is the best instructional cd I've ever heard.

inhuntr 01-30-2008 08:34 AM

Check out Rick Perry at Winglock calls. Real nice calls that are not to bad on price. My best advice would be go some where you can try out several calls.

Ned S 01-30-2008 01:47 PM

Try the M650 Sure Shot. It's a double reed and very easy to use and costs all of $7. Ned S the young 79 yr old

Chris_H 01-30-2008 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Crowkilla

I agree 100%. Primos makes some really good, inexpensive calls. And Buck Gardner's Straight Talk is the best instructional cd I've ever heard.
Very true. But there are some calls that can only produce a certain amount of volume, some can't produce hail calls, etc...

If you are a beginner, stick with a single reed under $20.00 for a while until you feel like upgrading. And no one even says you have to upgrade. A good starting single reed is the Duck Commander Max-4 Hunter.

FLboy77 01-31-2008 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: Crowkilla

Very true. But there are some calls that can only produce a certain amount of volume, some can't produce hail calls, etc...

If you are a beginner, stick with a single reed under $20.00 for a while until you feel like upgrading. And no one even says you have to upgrade. A good starting single reed is the Duck Commander Max-4 Hunter.

I beleive its called Willes Camo Max.