Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Roto Duck?

Old 01-18-2002, 07:56 PM

Default Roto Duck?

I recently hunted over one with a couple of my friends and we shot our limit of ducks over it. So i went out and bought one. And ours doesnt have the wings that just buckle down(they pulled out) and ours doesnt have rechargable batteries. The one we hunted over had rechareable batteries and the wings the broke down. And our ducks wings wont spins as fast as the other guys roto duck. What is the prob u think? The batteries were charged up all the way.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:00 AM

Default RE: Roto Duck?

sounds like the decoy you hunted over was a Skyscraper by Flambeau. I have one and it comes with a rechargeable battery and the wings are detachable.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-24-2002, 02:29 AM

I agree with discusdad.I don't own one,but I have seen something lately. They birds know what them things are. they work in reverse. This fall everyone had these things. But guess what,the birds worked their spreads high and never commited. Where we hunt it is never to crowded,but most days if the guys where there and had these decoys we bagged before them. I think more people in time will see that these decoys will in time work in reverse.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:44 AM

Well luckily Washington banned them and I don't think Oregon was big on those things, Calif. didn't allow them until Dec. 1. They still worked here in CA. The last weekend I hunted in one blind out of seven. My blindmate and I each had one and none of the other blinds hand any. We ended up with 6 (I know not a lot but...) and all the other blinds ended up with 1 combined.
If the northern states had kept these things as legal I would expect to see the same results as you guys. However, it put more meat in my freezer so I'm glad I still had it. We actually see problem with calling. Sometimes the slightest chuckle on a call will send them in the other direction, and I'd like to think we aren't that bad of callers.