Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 boat hunting in open water >

boat hunting in open water

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

boat hunting in open water

Old 01-08-2008, 09:09 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: boat hunting in open water

Nevermind, I found a webpage. The wiley looks tough to setup. Does the canvas go in the water? How does it handle heavy winds?

Old 01-08-2008, 11:04 AM

Its easy to set up just hooks on the back and front the bottom stops right at the water line and the material is rot and mildew proof. Just an alternative to consider.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Spike

Me and my buddy have tried a few times going out in his boat...its all camo but no blind on it. We have brought some of that camo cover tarp and made a simpleblind out of that and just stay low when the birds come in. We have been hunting otter point but haven't had much luck with geese but have got a few ducks out of it. U would get your best luck on a overcast day with some nice gusty winds and maybe even some rain. Ud blend in and they be flying low enough where they wouldn't even notice the boat till its to late.
[/align]
[/align]U could always head out to the eastern shore and go into the seaduckzones...no need for a blind there! LOL
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
Old 01-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

the best thing would be to make a makeshift blind if you dont want to buy one is to find eather a camo tarp or get some mesh from a mil-surplus, get a couplerods like pvc or somethin that wont wrot. and something to ancor the rods to your boat then make a kind of a lean-to
Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

My and my buddy use his jon boat to hunt woodies out on saltwater. We hunt on the edge of the marsh grass (high tide preferably, for many reasons). We have a homemade blind made from the grass. Rarely do we ever have birds flare.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

Old tennis nets or some badmitten nets, four PVC tubes with C-clamps. Weave some camo grass in the netting.