HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Osceola Arkansas (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/218792-osceola-arkansas.html)

Cobra7 11-21-2007 04:28 AM

Osceola Arkansas

My wife just took a job in Osceola Arkansas so we will be moving from South Carolinain two weeks and I wanted to know how the deerand duck hunting was there. Thanks for your response!!!!

knifemakerbill 11-21-2007 06:24 AM

RE: Osceola Arkansas

cobra-you will be about 150 miles northeast of the duck capital of the world, so i think you will be able to find a few if you look for them. as for deer, they are everywhere in arkansas, and some of the biggest come from the farming areas along the mississippi, so you should be able to find them also. there are a few managemant areas within driving distance, but for best hunting, you will either have to find a great friend with land, or join a club. put in some legwork, knock on some doors, talk to everyone and you should be able to find you someplace to try. good luck--Bill

addictedtowhack 11-21-2007 04:30 PM

Welcome to the Natural State!!!! I live just NE of Little Rock. If you love the outdoors, you'll love Arkansas. Osceola is in the heart of the Mississippi flyway. Lots of ducks around there. Try to get on the Cache or White rivers for good duck hunting. In Arkansas, we have LOTS of deer, but it's hard to find any really big ones. Deer management is really starting to be taken seriously and the deer quality is going up. Again welcome! When is your ETA? Also have lots of Geese and in southern Arkansas there is some really good hog hunting.

Cobra7 11-22-2007 05:01 AM

My wife moves there on the 15th of December and I'll be flying back and forth on my off days from the hospital until Ifind a job there. Anyone know what a out of state license costs?

johnch 11-22-2007 09:48 AM

I pulled this off the Arkansas DNR website

Migratory Bird Hunter Requirements
[/align]Any waterfowl or coot hunter 16 or older must carry:
• A valid Arkansas Waterfowl Stamp (residents: $7, nonresidents: $20) and
• A federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp ($15), each signed in ink across the face.
See Federal Duck Stamp Website.
• Proof of Arkansas HIP registration and
• One of the following hunting licenses:

$55 Nonresident 5-Day Small Game Hunting License (SG5)
$80 Nonresident Annual Small Game Hunting License (NRH)
$100 Nonresident 3-Day All Game Hunting License (AG3)
$150 Nonresident 5-Day All Game Hunting License (AG5)
$300 Nonresident Annual All Game Hunting License (NBG)
$1,000 Lifetime Sportsman’s Permit (state stamp not required) (LSP)[/align][/align]I had it bookmarked , as I hope to be down there for 5 - 10 days in a week or 2 [/align]Just have to see if I can swing the $$[/align][/align]John[/align]