HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   please recommend a goose choke for Benelli Nova (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/218783-please-recommend-goose-choke-benelli-nova.html)

andrewjoseph 11-20-2007 09:52 PM

please recommend a goose choke for Benelli Nova

I am new to goose hunting and am wanting a tight steel choke for goose hunting - what can you guys suggest?

I would appreciaite some suggestions.

Thanks

jaysweet3 11-22-2007 10:02 AM

RE: please recommend a goose choke for Benelli Nova

Just use th facory modified choke. I have killed hundreds of birds with that choke and different types of shells 3 and 3 1/2.

NMFowler 11-22-2007 05:59 PM

I agree with jaysweet3, I have seen no reason to shoot anything tighter than my stock mod choke. I do really like what I have seen about the kicks high flyer line up though. I've thought about buying one in a mod, but I'm having a hard time coughing up $70 or so when my stock choke seems to be doing me right.

Paulpskp 11-22-2007 09:58 PM

It all depends on what type of shooting you are doing. If you are decoying birds or pass shooting. I have done almost all my duck, goose and pheasant shooting with IC choke over the last 15 years. This choke with steel shot works much like a modified choke but I get better patterns on the fringe. If you are shooting over decoys try the IC tube and BB or BBB it's deadly

bowfisherman 11-26-2007 08:03 AM

don't listen to them. The factory choke is junk and the kicks high flyer is no better(had one). I have a nova. I bought a extended range patternmaster. It cost 100 bucks but is worth every penny. No more cripples. I have not had one cripple this year. You either smoke them or miss. Its a very tight pattern if thats what your looking for. Check out patternmasters website for all the different versions.

TeamFowlAssassins 11-27-2007 02:39 PM

I tried a Comp-n-choke in Improved modified for my Nova and wasn't impressed at all! So I stuck to the factory modified choke tube. A buddy of mine got a Patternmaster Extended full choke tube and love it on his! He's taken some shots that amazed me with 3 1/2" BBB at geese!

Dubbya 11-27-2007 08:34 PM

I've been shooting the Benelli Kryo-chokes, but I'll probably pick up a patternmaster pretty soon. They're sweet chokes for sure.

Roadkillwarrior 11-28-2007 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

don't listen to them. The factory choke is junk and the kicks high flyer is no better(had one). I have a nova. I bought a extended range patternmaster. It cost 100 bucks but is worth every penny. No more cripples. I have not had one cripple this year. You either smoke them or miss. Its a very tight pattern if thats what your looking for. Check out patternmasters website for all the different versions.
I purchased a pattern master extended range this year and used it for the first time this weekend. Every duck I hit was stone dead before it hit the water. I bought mine formy browning gold hunter off of cabelas for $80. I would recomend it for sure.