Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Remington Wingmaster HD

Old 11-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remington Wingmaster HD

ORIGINAL: mustad

Hitting a quail at 60 yards my hats off, but a canada goose? Give me a break.
I guarentee you would miss many geese at 60 yards. I would bet my life on it.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think so. We've had to shoot snows at long distances for years up here because they don't decoy well. We didn't miss too many; and that's with Steel loads and a good choke. I've stopped it just because I find it boring. The fun for me in waterfowling is figuring out how to get the birds to come in; especially on those days when it's tough. Canada Geese are among the easiest birds for us to get in close. If you're not bringing at least 2 birds down each round, you need to get on the range.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

I see your point. Bringing them in is the best part. Nothing compares to a cupped up bird.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:56 PM

My buddy killed a black duck yesterday straight overhead at 65 yards - I'll never forget it, because I'm just not making that shot on any consistent level. My young dog was halfway to it before it landed.

Mustad, maybe you're just better than everybody else, and not everyone lives in Canada where ducks and geese fall on top of you just for waking up in the morning.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mustad

If you're not bringing at least 2 birds down each round, you need to get on the range.
At least 2 per round? Ats some thick flock of birds ya got there
Whats the most you've ever killed with one round. I've got 2 teal with 1 shot and 2 woodys with 1 shot but that sounds weak now.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 AM

damn i killed three ducks and two geese the other day with seven rounds... i must need to get out on the range haha. two birds with one shot... please stop wasting the time of competent hunters on this forum mustad
Old 12-04-2007, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: CanadaSlammer69

two birds with one shot... please stop wasting the time of competent hunters on this forum mustad
Way to call the shot CanadaSlammer!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:05 PM

where do you get this rebate deal at?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: fechmupbud

ORIGINAL: CanadaSlammer69

two birds with one shot... please stop wasting the time of competent hunters on this forum mustad
Way to call the shot CanadaSlammer!

Heck I usually kill 3 ducks to a box of 25 rounds. I guess I need to get on the range since the way some of you sound I am not a good hunter. But to me hunting ducks and geese isn't about killin it is about having a good time with my buddies and workin ducks with the call. I don't care if I hit one or not. but at the end of the season it will be more like 3 ducks to about 5 or 6 shots. I get better as time goes on.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: marty32565

where do you get this rebate deal at?
Off of Remingtons website.

Quick Reply: Remington Wingmaster HD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.