Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

duck hunting South Dakota

Old 09-24-2007, 04:52 PM

Default duck hunting South Dakota

this is going to be my 1st year hunting ducks in South Dakota in mid november anyone have any tips on what kind of deocys i need to buy and how i shoudl use decoys or set them up or just any tips on hunting in south dakota for ducks would be great thanks
Old 09-25-2007, 05:46 PM

Default RE: duck hunting South Dakota

I had some buddies drive out there from NC and had a blast, I would love to go out there and hunt. If given the chance i would jump all over it, good luck!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:56 PM

What part of the state are you planning on hunting? I have lived in the NE part and down in the Yankton area. Both have amazing hunting at different times. How do you plan to hunt? I have seen heavy snow on the ground at Thanksgiving but the past few years have been mild. I often pass up the deer opener to sit in my layout blind and shoot geese and mallards.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:47 PM

yea umm if u are familiar with Mcpherson county thats where i plan to hunt at Long lake on the long lake itself it seems a good lake for duckhunting and i would plan on going out there to the island in the middle of the lake. Getting some natural cover with like possibly decoys set out infront of me of some kinda do you know what types of decoys i may need to buy or any tips i should know? I would hunt in the beginning of November im thinking but yea any tips would be nice thanks