Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Are you Duck hunters crazy???? >

Are you Duck hunters crazy????

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Are you Duck hunters crazy????

Old 09-22-2007, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default Are you Duck hunters crazy????

Ahhh just kidding about the crazy part--Hey folks first time posting in this section--But seeing I am up and workingI need to know--Why ya'll love duck hunting so much??? I work at a Game commission check stationand I had to be here at 4:30am to let hunters in(early duck season)Shoot sunrise ain't untill 6:30--Can't understand why someone would get out of bed to shoot a little ole duck--There mostly feathers anyway!!!

Just kidding with ya'll but tell us if you want--why ya'll "LOVE IT"
Old 09-22-2007, 09:19 AM

Default RE: Are you Duck hunters crazy????

I love watching the dog retrive the waterfowl and watching the ducks commit, when they lock up and dump into your rig...Its worth getting up that early, belive me (and some times you shoot more than one duck)
Old 09-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW YES I am slightly nuts

It is the mist rising off the water as the sun breakes the horizon
With the sky afire with color and full of ducks

I have had several great hunts
That I never fired a shot

Then the love of the retreive
It dosn't matter who kills it
It is the love in my lab's eyes as he brings me the bird

Hard to put into words the whole thing
I just love it

John
Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 PM

The first time I was out calling and got two mallards to circle around and commit, I was hooked! That was the most awesome sight that I will never forget, even after all the years of hunting, it’s the duck hunting remembrance I always go back too.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am new to waterfowl hunting, It did not take much...

I love bow hunting white tail. I have a few trophies and now have new horizons to find.

I have been taking my 10 yr old son this year, he is a hunter!!!! he gets that feeling you get when that big buck, tom, goose locks in....... If I could put him in a little better location with an experienced caller, I dont think he would ever not duck, goose hunt. I may not ever do it again without him..... It is something we can love to do together

Old 09-24-2007, 06:27 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I am an Addict! Though I do not need help!

I tooK the SS Quackin Whack Attack out for a test run yesteday as she gots a new Motor - worked on blinds until sundown and it opens this coming Saturday!

JW
Old 09-24-2007, 01:08 PM

" People ask me why i do it, why do you fight a war that isnt yours, i just look at them and dont say a word because i know they wouldnt understand"-
-Black Hawk Down ( I prob messed up the quote, haha)

No for real, im like everyone else, i love getting all your gear ready taking a boat ride across a crisp cool lake placing your decoys just right, calling, convincing a duck your real, shooting them and then watching the dog retrieve. Its a true rush to watch a group of greenheads circle and cup hard knowing your the reason they are coming in.

I heart duck hunting
Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 PM

Its the smell of a swamp in the dark, the sound of the world coming too life, the sounds of ducks taking off infront of you as you paddle into a little honey hole, the splash a decoy makes right after you just tossed it, the muskrat swimming through your decoys.

then the sun just starts too light things up a bit. you hear the whistling of wings above you, the sight of birds trading back and forth, the solitary quack of a hen mallard looking for friends. its the perfect cadence of a well used duck call, the first time the birds notice your dekes, the fly by just out of range, then the circle too come back and look, again just out of range, the circle once again this time the wings cup and the feet start sticking straight out, the whisperring too your buddy,,keep your head down...wait for it, wait for it. the command "get em" a couple buddies raise up and start picking out targets, withthe dogs shaking in anticipation. the send, the retrieve, the shake too dislodge water out of the fur afterwards. the smell of wet dog in the blind, in the truck, and in your mind!

Its the sitting back and smelling the coffee, the smell of cigar smoke,, the b.s.'ing about life, work and love, would be's, could be's.. and those that are no longer with us!

honestly there is no more social hunting than waterfowling. Its not about the kill or shouldnt be... its the experience of taking it all in with good friends,, whether that be you and just your dog, or a group of buddies! I hope im pernitted to do this until the day I die.. You can take away any other hunting that I do,, I just want too spend that time in a duck blind!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

I like the comradery you can have in a duck blind with your friends and family.. Then I'll take the solitude of deer hunting in the afternoon
Old 09-26-2007, 06:53 PM

im just plain out addicted. I love the outdoors and loving decoying them in. Shooting is just a bonus

Quick Reply: Are you Duck hunters crazy????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.