Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Anybody Score This A.M.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Anybody Score This A.M.

We got out this A.M. and saw around thirty but just couldn't get anything to work, anybody else do any better?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody Score This A.M.

We hunted a privite marsh close to a public marsh

We had a good number of Bluewing teal come in

All 3 of us got our geese out of the second flock we saw after legal shooting time

I ended up with 3 BW Teal and 2 geese

But we saw several hundred geese fly over us 15 - 20 yds up between 6:25 and 6:35 after the public hunters opened up on what ever flew

Neither commorants or Wood Ducks are in season , but that didn't stop guys from shooting them

John
Old 09-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Not many geese flying around here, too hot. A friend and I went out to a possible goose hunting field this morning to dove hunt and keep an eye out for geese. Shot 20 doves between the 2 of us, but I would have rather been goose hunting...
Old 09-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

i know just what you mean duckhuntin, me and my buddy are just north of madison and we had fields last weekend holding a couple hundred birds, and this weekend, not a bird in the sky. ended up going dove hunting instead, but i would rather shot a goose then limit out on doves...
Old 09-01-2007, 08:59 PM

got two in the A.M coulda shot (at) more but was trying 2 get the 1st timers some birdsthen in the P.M got 10 doves, Mallard
Old 09-01-2007, 09:35 PM

An hour went by after shooting time with no geese flying, than 15 minutes before I was about to leave 1 goose flew by just out of range and the two guys in front of me (public land) took probley 6 shots anddidn't hit it once and it flew 15-20 yrds over their heads!!! but that wasn't the problem....because they shot at that bird that scared off the other 150 geese that would of flown right by all of us!!! so the 5 other guys in the area didn't get anything either.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 today..not by me was set up in the approx location 100-200 geese have been in the past two morningings

they didnt even circle landed on the opposite side of the fieldl ike 300 yds away[:@]in the mean time my cousin pumbled a loaner

then i shot a crow later in the morning as we where picking up 5 geese came cupped over the treese we layed down.. and two dropped

that was about it

Old 09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

My best friend went on a goose hunt yesterday, the VA early opener. They had an encroacher, but still scratched out 2. Some folks just have no respect for each other.

The girlfriend and I both shot limits of doves. Hoping to find a few geese during the middle part of the week.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

8 geese yesterday, 7 today
Old 09-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got 3 geese by 7:30 Am and 4 teal by 8AM

3 of us ended up with 9 geese and 10 teal

Not a bad morning
In the afternoon 4 of us got 45 doves
If A couple of buddies could shoot , we would have limmited out
I shot my 15 doves with less than a box of shells

John

Quick Reply: Anybody Score This A.M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.