Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Early goose season

Old 09-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Early goose season

ic. howd u do?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:56 PM

Default RE: Early goose season

We didn't do so good...Friday the geese started flying off in a different direction and I found that the next farm over had cut some corn. I stopped and asked but he said someone else was hunting it Saturday. Hedid say to come back when more corn is cut.

I figured when the shooting starts they may still head our way so we went with the original plan. There was shooting all around us and not one goose came our way.

About 8:00 we decided to go to breakfast and as soon as we picked up the first decoy we heard geese. ( I will try that again next time)

The 4 geese turned when we called and ended up landing about 50 yards behind us. 10 minutes later, 10 more joined them. No shots at any of them. I figured that was going to keep happening so we decided to rush them and shoot when they got up. That worked well for the first 2 steps!!

Yesterday was real quiet with no geese flying in our area and heard no shooting.

Still had fun and thanks for all the help. I guess there is no sure thing in this game...