Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

YOUR GOOSE CALLS

Old 08-16-2007, 06:08 AM

Default YOUR GOOSE CALLS

JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT EVERONE OUT THERE IS USING ON THE GEESE. I WANNA KNOW THE BEST OF THE INEXPENSIVE AND THE BEST OF THE CHEAP ONES AS WELL. BECAUSE WE ALL CANT AFFORD A 149.99 FOR A FOILES MONEY MAKER OR A STRAIT MEAT CALL........ I HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH THE RNT. GOOZILLA AS WELL AS THE BG.HAMMER2 AND ALSO WITH THE BIG RIVER GAME CALLS SHORT REED CLUCKER. PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.........EXPERIENCE ONLY NOT HEARSAY PLEASE.....................
Old 08-16-2007, 09:00 AM

Default RE: YOUR GOOSE CALLS

I use several brands RNT, Knight & Hale double cluck plus, Illusion and some others. All will work though you may have to do some adjusting on some. This is for Canada geese. The best Snow call I have or ever used is the Faulk.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own a lot of different goose calls. Most of them are really good and sound about the same. Now that I have a lot of experience and I really know how to kill geese and realize its not the call its the caller. The call that I have chosen to use now is the Buck Gardner Canada Hammer. I bought a new one this year for 39.99. This call sounds great and it doesn't break the bank. I remember when they first came out for 89.99 I thought they were a good deal then.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Faulk's is only goose call I've used for last30+ years. They're expensive a new one might set you back $10.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:46 PM

I use the Kelley Powers RNT goose call. But I get them for free.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:38 PM

i have used flutes for as long as i can remember, the best one that i've tried is the prmos flute, ive had the best luck with that one. this year i have switched to the canada hammer 2, i guess i want to see how good these short reeds are supposed to be.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Spike

I just bought a Zink Power Clucker for $29.99 and really like it. We'll see how it works on the geese in a few weeks...
Old 08-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

I use Foiles Strait Meat. I think acrylic has a better sound and wider range to it than any other material. I've used Canada Hammer, Illusion Flute, Zink's Power Clucker, and a Goosezilla. Love goose flutes, butI love short reeds more.I didn't like the Power Clucker very much, and the Goosezilla I bought sounded bad when I took it out of the package.I thought maybe I just needed more practice on short reeds, but it was drasticly out of tune. Tried to return it and they wouldn't accept it.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Bill Saunders "Traffic" goose call. Awsome call is an understatement! Check out his web site!
http://www.billsaunderscalls.com
Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 PM

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR IMPUT IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED.........

Quick Reply: YOUR GOOSE CALLS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.