HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   I want to bu ... well just read his thread! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/193123-i-want-bu-well-just-read-his-thread.html)

Airsoft Dude 06-01-2007 06:42 PM

I want to bu ... well just read his thread!

Ok I have Never Waterfowl hunter in my life does any one have any starter tips or and web site links for a 13 year old kid who wants to start waterfowling?

I realy need help guys!
thanks for the help!

Airsoft dude

2eagles 06-03-2007 03:15 AM

RE: I want to bu ... well just read his thread!

Refuge Forums is the #1 waterfowl site.
Don't post, just read - you'll learn more that way. Jim

Airsoft Dude 06-04-2007 02:00 PM

lol ok thanks

SwampCollie 06-05-2007 07:48 AM

Hardest part is going to be getting to where the ducks are. Growing up, I had a swamp back behind my house that I could walk to. Thats where I learned how to duck hunt. My Dad wasn't much of a duck hunter, and in fact, I sorta got him back into it again. I also had a good friend who's neighbor was an avid duck hunter and he took us plenty as well.

80 proof 06-11-2007 04:24 PM

Get a few decoys and start looking at some farm ponds that are holdind a few birds. Remember the birds are coming for a reason so dont call, then call a little bit once you start feeling a little more confident in the calling and then work from there.

Airsoft Dude 06-11-2007 04:39 PM

ok i will try it thanks!

VoicesoftheForest 06-12-2007 11:07 AM

Don't get discouraged if you miss birds at first; you gotta get adjusted to your shotgun's pattern and learn how to lead. Shoto some skeets and get a feeling for it. Buy a duck calling tape and learn how to call before you ever bring a call into the bild; one false call can ruin a good flock of incoming birds

Hope that helps little dude. *Dusty*

Airsoft Dude 06-12-2007 05:44 PM

thanks

gamehunter1269 06-16-2007 03:47 PM

well one of the best tips is just waiting. The hardest thing for you right now is that you cant just get up and drive to any honey hole spot that you want. When you are 16 or what every the age to drive is. Thats when you will be able to get more oppertunities to kill more ducks. But like everyone has said. Just watch and learn

wdog 06-17-2007 05:17 PM

If I was you id ask mom and dad for my birthday a guided duck or goose hunt do your research and find a guide who will be helpfull and want to help you get into the sportim sure there out there.