Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Painted the boat! PICS INSIDE >

Painted the boat! PICS INSIDE

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Painted the boat! PICS INSIDE

Old 05-20-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Painted the boat! PICS INSIDE

Well i got my stencil kit for Styx-River and painted the boat! Honest opinions how did i do, it is Max-4 camo.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:18 PM

Default RE: Painted the boat! PICS INSIDE

Old 05-20-2007, 12:19 PM

oops
Old 05-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not an expert, but the little bit of jealousy I'm feeling, tells me ya did good!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it looks really good. do you have a blind for it yet or is it just for transportation to the blind?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:01 AM

I use a Cabelas Northern Flight Blind! Thanks for the input everyone
Old 05-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck this year!!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:54 PM

ive been debating this for my boat for two years now....my two questions are

1. How hard was it for you to do? any special tools required or certain tips?

2. how much was your final costs after paint and stencils and any toold needed for job, if you dont mind me asking?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:19 PM

It was VERY easy to do! If you order i highly recomend that you buy the kit from Styx-river! The instructions are what saved me, you get 3 stencils and the instructions tell you exactly what color to spray and where to spray it. The Kit will come with 4 cans of spray paint. I had to buy 2 more paint kits, for a total of 12 cans of paint. The Stencil kit (with 4 cans of paint) was $92 and the extra paint kits were $20/kit. Other things i recomend you purchase would be a trigger kit $2 at Walmart it clips on top of the can of paint and is WAY easier to do, no blisters on your fingers from pushing the top on the spray paint. 1 gallon of paint thinner, and a plastic tub big enough to soak the stencils in to get all the paint off of them. You will want to paint about 3 spots with the 1st stencil and put it in the tub with the thinner to get it cleaned off. Then take the 2nd stencil and paint the same 3 spots that you did with the first stencil pull the 1st stencil out of the thinner and put stencil #2 in thinner. Paint you 3 spots with stencil #3, then pull #2 out of the thinner and put in Stencil #3. Just keep repeating this until you have you whole boat done. Total cost was about $155 WELL WORTH IT. It does take a while to do, but you cant rush yourself. I am one of those that like to get things done quick and i really had to slow myself done and do it right. From start (washing the boat) to finished product it took me about 10 hours. That includes taping off all of the numbers and the Tracker stickers! I hope this is understandable, i am not very good at giving directions. If you need any more help feel free to ask.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:45 PM

ok lol youve convinced me, i think, i was worried that the stencils/directions would be hard to use and follow. now just to decide on when to do it. im worried that if i do my current boat, we will upgrade toa bigger nicer boat this summer. once we settle down to one boat for good, i will be painting it camo like this. looks cool, and no more draping burlap everywhere trying to camo it from the ducks.

thanks for your help, last question, do the stencils bend around corners easily? if not, how woulod you paint the corners/edges of the boat?

Quick Reply: Painted the boat! PICS INSIDE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.