Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

mossberg guns

Old 03-01-2007, 07:56 AM

Default mossberg guns

has anyone dealt with returning a gun back to mossberg?? i have a 935 and it would jam on me all the time... I sent it back... do you think they will send a new gun or try to fix it?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:14 AM

Default RE: mossberg guns

I would like to know about thier U/o shot guns?
Old 03-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I have owned only one Mossberg. The extractor would not work at all. It went to the gun smith countless of times. It was never fixed and is now a paper wieght. I have owned only oneand that wasone too manyfor me.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

hmmm i own 3, never had any problems with them what so ever, but they are all pumps, it could just be the semi autos from mossberg with the problem.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:49 PM

i own a 835 and a 500 never had any problems with either even after dropping in the swamp

Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 AM

I owned a 835 and got rid of it within a year. I loved the gun but it just couldn't hold up for duck hunting. Everytime I would take it out to the blind I would have to make sure I had a long screwdriver with me so that I could screw the butt stock when it came loose. This would happen everytime I took it out. It was light and was ported which I liked but just didn't like the fact that I had to work on it. I sold it and bought a Browning BPS and never looked back.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: B.C. Hunter

I would like to know about thier U/o shot guns?
I have the mossberg silver reserve and love it!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:46 AM

anyone own a mossberg 935 ?? and do you have any problems with it?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:35 PM

I have a few of their pumps and while certainly not a pretty gun, they just plain get the job done in any kind of weather. I have not heard the greatest things about their semi autos though. I had a relative who cracked the end of her barrel 4 days beforedeer season ( I actually think it was her fault by not tightening a choke). Anyway, she overnighted thebarrel back to Mossberg and had a brand new barrel in hand the day before opener. Great customer service in my opinion. I've never had any issues with any of my Mossberg PUMPS.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:54 PM

The 935 has proven to be a very reliable and tough waterfowl gun. Love mine and have never shot better with any gun.

I can almost guarantee if you are having jamming issues it is because you are over oiling the gun's gas action system. Follow the manual's cleaning directions to the letter. That would be to wipe a thin coat of oil on then wipe it off with a clean cloth which leaves a very light coat on ANY of the actions' moving parts be it in the reciever or part of the gas piston assembly on the magazine tube.

The 935 likes to operate almost dry. Some semi's such as theStoeger 2000 like to operate wet but not the 935. Too much oil acts like a shock absorber and it slows down the action which leads to jamming. I had a hard time adjusting to this myself and had some jamming problems until I cut way back on oiling it( exterior excluded - oil as usual to protect against rust ).

Quick Reply: mossberg guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.