Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
What type of calls do you use? >

What type of calls do you use?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What type of calls do you use?

Old 12-07-2002, 09:41 AM

Default What type of calls do you use?

I use a RNT's and Foiles Migrators. Some of my favorites I have are the RNT daisy cutter and the Foiles strait meat timber rattler. Also as a side bar what does everyone think of paying these high prices for these types of calls? (My wife says I am crazy!!!!!) I feel there is a big differnece between an RNT or a Foiles call and a Primos call. I am not saying that the primos is a bad call but I feel that you get what you pay for. I don't mind paying money for a good call.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What type of calls do you use?

I like custom calls, too, but use a Haydel's Double reed at times. My main GoTo call is a Taylor Made (Alvin Taylor • Clarenden, AR • deceased 1 or 2 years ago). It never sticks and always sounds "ducky". My other call around my neck is a Big Guy's Best SweetTalker (Mike Keller).

I collected custom-made calls at one time and never hunted with some of them. Some just don't sound worth a flip (at least not down here in Arkansas. They may work up north where the calling style is different.) I've shot a bunch of ducks with a $10.00 WalMart call and even some free ones from DU memberships.
One of the biggest differences is who's behind the call.
Link to PowDuck's Homepage
Romans 8:28
Old 12-10-2002, 03:33 PM

I grew up in the same city as the Haydel boys. (Bossier City, LA). And I can tell you, dollar for dollar, you can not beat their calls. I have just about every one they make, but my favorite is the new coca- acrylic cajun squeal. It blows very easy and emits a very slight "squeal" at the end of each note. If you have ever heard a duck feeding in a rice field or such, they actually make that squeal while eating. Thus, it is enticing to ducks flying over that there are groceries below!!! Haydel's will stand behind their product too! I had a DR-88 crack and sent it back. They sent me a new one no questions asked. I also had another one that I couldn't get tuned just right. I sent it back and they tuned it and sent it right back.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:00 PM

For Ducks I use the Big River Duckbuster
and Geese The Sean Mann Easternshoremen
Old 12-11-2002, 07:09 PM
Spike

Nothin here but Rick Dunn's Echos. Never had one stick or freeze. I've tryed alot of different calls, but these are the ones i'll always blow.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:36 AM
Fork Horn

OLT model 66 dcuk call
Knight and Hale magnum clucker goose call
and soon to be a Foiles Migrator Strait Meat Goose

I have about 12 others for back ups.

Wait, wait, ready PLUG EM!!!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Around here, they are already call shy when they arrive. But I sometimes use a Buck Gardner call to get their attention with a very short song. To finish them, you have to use what works. I sometimes use single quacks with a 15 year old $2 wooden Lohman. And as a secret weapon,( I am ashamed to admit) a Primos Shaker call sucks the ducks in like you never seen before. Sometimes too close to even shoot.