HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   goose calls (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/179526-goose-calls.html)

CanadaSlammer69 02-07-2007 07:53 PM

goose calls

i have a H.S. canada slammer short reed goose call and i like it alot. im thinking i might need another call or two for a backup and for some variation. advice anyone?

gooseslayerT 02-07-2007 08:16 PM

RE: goose calls

If you wanna pay $$$ big cash for a call, foiles 'straight meat' is the way to go. umm, winglock, tim grounds and sean mann are also a few calls to consider. good luck..

SwampCollie 02-08-2007 08:21 AM

I have a Zink Paraylizer that I like right much. However, I noticed the other day that when it is very cold (almost zero, farenheit) that even if the call is dry, the reed will not roll over properly, requiring much warming up. Don't know if this is a common problem or not, but when the call is warm...it sounds like a goose to me.

MB.prostaff.bgcalls 02-08-2007 09:50 AM

sean stalh just made some nice new calls for buck. The ss1 and ss2 , check them out, very nice. SS2 better low end and louder volume, (good for comps.) ss1 very quick responding, sound great.!

il coyote 02-08-2007 10:00 AM

Try out a buddies, or try and give one a test run. It isn't worth spit if you cant blow it. I've seen guys drop $150 on a 'miracle' call, and sound like their calling coyotes and not geese.:D

DuckHuntin247 02-08-2007 10:11 AM

I have a Zink's Paralyzer polycarbonate and it sounds decent, used that for a while then i bought a Foiles Straight Meat Acrylic. IMO acrylic sounds better, it has a better hi-low range and is easy to control, I'm really happy with it.

SwampCollie 02-08-2007 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: il coyote

Try out a buddies, or try and give one a test run. It isn't worth spit if you cant blow it. I've seen guys drop $150 on a 'miracle' call, and sound like their calling coyotes and not geese.:D
I have heard many a "confidence call" used to finish geese....that is...if you can't use it right...you'll probably sound like a blue heron!

Colorado Luckydog 02-12-2007 07:11 AM

I own a ton of the high end calls, Foiles,Zink,Mann,Grounds, you name I've spent money on it. I keep finding myself coming back to my Buck Gardner Canada Hammer. Thev'e lowered the price to $49.99, and to me its sounds as good as any other call out there. The good thing about the Hammer is you never have to tune it. I keep two on my lanyard, one tuned deep, the other tuned higher. The one drawback to it is it takes a lot of air to blow it.

lrhuntr 02-12-2007 08:26 PM

I have a buddy that bought a Foiles Strait Meat and he sounds like a turkey on it.:DHe really doesnt know how to blow a short reed very well. I tried it and really liked it. Although I dont have $150 to drop on a call now, my HS Hitman call works just as well.

disco duck 02-13-2007 11:08 AM

right now im blowing a TG super mag, i used to blow a folis SMH but traded it for a winglock longneck, witch should be here soon.

all goose calls sound good on the call makers website, go to the store and test drive em