Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

got my order today

Old 01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default got my order today

Just received my order of a dozen Avery GreenHead pintail decoys today. They have the most detail that I have ever seen in a decoy for a reasonable price also. I orderd them off DiscountDecoys.com for $54.99, but the shipping was a little high at $14.00, but still came out pretty reasonable. They look so good that I cant believe Im going to Drag them the mud and crud on my way to my hunting spots. I just want to put a couple around the house for display. They feel durable enough to hammer a nail with. Any body out have any Avery Green Head decoys or any other nice brand that you would recomend. Thinking about buying some more of a different species. One of my favorite parts of waterfowling is putting out the dekes and trying to convince the ducks its the real deal.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: got my order today

i just got an order too, 6 full body GHG lessers and 1 doz full body mallards and we got 6 more full body canadas, 1 doz silos and 1 doz shells we are waiting on too. as for brands its gotta be GHG there feather patterns and flocked heads are superior to all others
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM

I bought 10 doz full body GHG canada decoys and 3 doz mallard, and they are the best decoys I have ever bought. They look the most realistic too.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been pretty impressed with the GHG line. I hunt over their Mag Mallards, Mag blacks, and wood ducks. Also have about $500 worth of their Mag goose floaters (which gets you about 20).

They had that major issue a few seasons ago with those HOT BUY mallards, the paint litterally washed off of in a light breeze. That aside, I have been pleased with all of their products I have purchased. Their blocks look great, shine as little as any plastic decoy can, sit well in the water, move nicely in a current or breeze.

I just wish they could come up with tougher paint. I baby mine, and they still get beat up a bit...white spots on the head/beak etc etc. Birds probably don't notice, but who knows.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

I bought two dozen mallard flambeau master series decoys at $20.00 a dozen and they dont look all that bad, but the pant is already starting to chip and I might have to try to do a touch up job on a few. The GHG decoys look like they have a lot better quality paint job that will last.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 PM

HasGHG fixed the paint problems on the Hot Buys?