Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 why the hell they wanna ban semi-auto's ? >

why the hell they wanna ban semi-auto's ?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

why the hell they wanna ban semi-auto's ?

Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM

Default why the hell they wanna ban semi-auto's ?

On the delta waterfowl website, they're talking about banning semi-automatic shotguns in Canada and elsewhere. This is ****. Not only will they lose a few thousand of duck and goose hunters, they want to eliminate it for upland bird too. After that why dont they just ban hunting?

Check out the article:
http://www.deltawaterfowl.org/pr/2007/070110_ban.php

Old 01-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Default RE: why the hell they wanna ban semi-auto's ?

I'm sorry, not only a few, there is actually 280,000 semi-automatic shotgun registered in Canada. That's garbage!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats what a liberal does for ya, think twice the next time you vote or for the next election!!! As far as the Canucks go cross your fingers!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:12 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

Thats what a liberal does for ya, think twice the next time you vote or for the next election!!!

No joke!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:47 AM

I really can't see this one flying. First off the liberals are not in power nor will they be in power anytime soon. The new leader is the worst they have had yetwhich is good news because the conservatives will give them a supreme ass kicking the next election forming a majority.I do not understand some of thepolitical information in this report but anywaysour waterfowl populations are out of control and hunters need every advantage they can get. As far as i am concerned we should be allowed to go plugless and up the bad limits lol. As for the 280 000 semi's registered that may be true but i bet there are even more than that number that are unregistered or lost registration in the system. Can't see it happened in Harper's reign and i have a feeling he will be around for awhile.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:51 AM

It's not an issue with hunting, like say banning robo ducks. It's a gun control measure, and yes, it sucks the giant banana. When was the last time a guy robbed a gas station with a camoflaged 11-87??
Old 01-12-2007, 10:16 AM

Started when a mentally deranged immigrant went into a college in montreal and shot 19-20 people with a semi-automatic assault weapon and then killed himself when the police confronted him.

The next day the gun control lobby was calling for a ban on all semi-automatic weapons..

They are not trying too ban the web site he visitted,, where it was very very clear he was deranged and was planning an all out assault. I believe there is 4-5 different occurences of members from that site, including Columbine and a couple more very high profile murders.. From what I understand that site is monitorred by many law enforcement agencies world wide now.(the day of the assault in montreal it was leaked he was on that site, I googled it and looked up his profile before it was deleted,, very very sick individual!)
Old 01-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

But come on fellas...if they banned semi's for y'all up there, you'd still buy pump guns and keep hunting wouldn't you???? Heck I know I would!

Hope y'all throw the bum's out!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Hiawatha on this on 100%. The LIEberals are out of power now. They are the ones who started most of our ridiculous gun control laws. I use pumps and autos for all my bird hunting, nothing wrong with that. How some of these people come up with these ideas in the firstplace is beyond me.

Ron