HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Waterfowl Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting-7/)
-   -   Chest wader recommendation wanted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/waterfowl-hunting/174170-chest-wader-recommendation-wanted.html)

Alsatian 01-08-2007 09:34 AM

Chest wader recommendation wanted

I looked back some ways and didn't find much guidance on this topic. Sorry if this isa repetitive, over-worked querry.

My inexpensive rubber over fabric chest waders purchased December 2005 and used only 11 times ripped out in the butt yesterday morning at a stress point. I had taken good care of these waders and no wear was apparent on the waders other than where they ripped. The retailer provided me a 100% refund, which was nice of them. I bought these failed waders when I was new to waterfowling and didn't want to invest heavily before trying the sport. Well, I've tried it, like it, and plan to continue to waterfowl. I'm ready to buy a good pair of waders and would appreciate recommendations from the knowledgable people who frequent this forum. From what I've read, I think I want neoprene waders rather than rubber over fabric waders. Additionally, I want waders with the boot integral with the wader (not "stocking foot" type of waders where I must supply an external boot to go over the stocking feet of the wader). I want to replace these waders promptly because I'll probably go back out for another duck hunt the weekend of January 20/21. I'm expecting to pay in the neighborhood of $150-$200 for a quality pair of waders, but want to be corrected if this price range is out of wack in some way. What is your guidance?

SwampCollie 01-08-2007 10:56 AM

RE: Chest wader recommendation wanted

I have a pair of LaCrosse AlphaBurly BrushTuffs (or something like that). They are the LaCrosse waders, neoprene, with some sort of rip-stop fabric built into them that will apparently keep rips in a straight line (should they ever happen) for easy repair. Mine have never ripped, and they are in their second hard season. They have 1000gr of thinsulate in them, and keep me very warm and dry. I have been very pleased with them.

Other brand I would look at is anything made by Cabelas, since they guarentee stuff for life, if you ever have a problem with them, send them back and they will send you a new pair.

SwampTHING 01-08-2007 11:44 AM

Ive had Cabelas Supermags for 3 years,, no tears or leaks in them and I use them alot. Maybe too warm(1600 grain thinsulate)for where you hunt,, dont know. Id buy them again for sure,, best pair of waders ive owned.

KC10Chief 01-08-2007 05:50 PM

I have a pair of Redhead Mens Extreme waders. Not only do they look good, but they're very warm and comfortable as well! I've used them at least 30 times without issue. I sit in freezing cold water all day and don't get cold. They're $150 at Bass Pro. VERY nie and highly recommended. I'm not easy on my stuff either.