Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Am I over reacting??

Old 12-04-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Am I over reacting??

Ok last week my shop and I were P.T.ing(physical training) when we ran buy two guys with shots guns on base(i'm stationed in Iwakuni, Japan) their backs were two us as we ran buy and water was on the other side. but anyway as we were running this two guys start shooting at these birds(they shoot birds around the flight line so the birds don't get in the engine)and here's were my question come into place. the guys were shooting in the direction of the bulk fuel storage and they were pretty much just shooting at these birds and praying. so i made a comment and the guy(who turned out to be the base game warden) was like #2 shot won't go that far blablabla.... but that wasn't the point i was making. What kind of lesson is that teaching/showing other people pointing guns at building and the bulk fuel storage. the distance between them and the building was between 300 and 400 yards. So do you all think i was over reacting or did i have good cause to say something to them.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:14 AM

Default RE: Am I over reacting??

In my opinion you are over reacting. shotgun shot will not travel that far and if it so happens that the bbs would be as useless as rain. As far as a good example you may be right, but at a distance as great as 400 yards the bbs are harmless.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Am I over reacting??

you are over reacting, a shotgun wont go that far, and not to mention a gun shot wont blow up a gas tank, like they show on the movies after all it is just hollywood