Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What time do you Hunt?

Old 10-10-2006, 02:56 PM

Default What time do you Hunt?

Traditionally I have always hunted mornings, but I was hoping to get more time in the field this year.

Do yall hunt mornings and evenings? How about middays?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What time do you Hunt?

Mornings are prefered but I will hunt any time that it's legal.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve always hunted in the morning but have been very fortunate this year to catch the birds heading back to the water in the late afternoon. Has worked very well for me this year...
Old 10-12-2006, 06:08 AM

any time is a good time,,mornings are good, it you dont spook em its a good chance theyll be coming back at roost time so be there you could score and in mid season when the hens leave the toms around 9 or 10 am to go lay is a very good time to be out,its a whole lot like the whitetail rut,you catch him by himself ,hes gona come runnin,so i hunt all day most of the season or until i tag one anyway.but if i got a buddy with me and we still have gobblin birds,i gut my bird ,and find a small tree about big around as a baseball bat and 10 or 12 ft tall, then pull it over as far as i can and hold it so my bud,can tie the bird to the top of the treeby the neck,now when you let go the tree it will lift your bird way up in the air now you can go off huntin and not worry about varments messin with it.plus where you cut it to remove the guts it will drain and cool down a little more, u might need to go ahead and tag it too. tenn law away.so good huntin yall and maybe some of you, go get em hardcore turkey hunters can try this ,i do it alot thanks..
Old 10-12-2006, 06:12 AM

IM SORRY TO YOU ALL THAT LAST POST WAS FOR TURKEY HUNTING AND I DIDNT REALIZE I WAS ON THE WATERFOWL SECTION
Old 10-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Hey swamp rooster (I like the name and state by the way) as foghorn leghorn would say..... pay atten,, I say pay attention BOY!!!!

Watch it fizz,, BOY!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2006, 08:12 PM

Ducks, I prefer first thing in the morning.. although this year weve done are very best between 1 and 4 pm,, the birds seem to be really moving at that time.. May just be getting up too stretch theyre wings or coming back into the marsh,, but that has been our best hours hands down.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

I've had some pretty good evening hunts too. This year I'll be doing more afternoon-evening hunts just because I've been voted "most likely to take the kids to the sitters."

ShawneeSlinger
Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 PM

I think this year I am going to try out some new hunt times. Thanks for all the input. Only 2 weeks or so untill the season officaly opens!!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Wow. Must be nice. We've still got a month and a half left to go. Guess that'll give me time to get a few deer in the freezer.

ShawneeSlinger

Quick Reply: What time do you Hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.