Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

best size of boat?

Old 09-17-2006, 01:12 PM

Default best size of boat?

what do you guys think is the best length and width of a boat? i dont know if im going to make a blind out of it but i am wanting one for getting to and from places. thanks.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best size of boat?

Well that depends on what you want out of it.. I prefer about a 17.5 foot to 18 foot long boat with a minimum of a 54" beam AT THE WATER LINE!! Just because the boat is wide at the top of the Gunnels doesn't mean it will make for a sturdy hunting platform. That's if you want to hunt out of the boat. Draw back is the wider the boat the less manuverable it then becomes! So if you want a boat just to get you and your gear from point a to point b. And you don't plan on hunting out of it, I would look at like a 16 footer, with a narrow beam. Check out the Go Devil Boat's. I hunt out of a Wooldridge 16 foot xtra plus. And it is awesome! But that's just me!
Old 09-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: best size of boat?

The Tracker all welded Grizzly is a good boat for the money....Gundigest can tell you what the exact specs are on it if he stops by......very stable and tough boat!