Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Metro Barrel

Old 08-22-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Metro Barrel

My dad just got this huge extension to his gun and i was like what the hell is that for? He just said to follow him. I did and we have a small backyard with people surrounding us in all directions. He attached it to his shotgun and said watch this. He fired three rounds straight into a couple bags of chicken feed. I was ammazed at what I heard! It sounded like a cap gun! He told me that if you use subsonic shells it is real qiuet. The next day i went into a real tight hunting spot thatyou need to be real quiet tohunt on and filled my limit of honkers and got me a blackduck. Have anyone else heard of this thing? It works like a charm!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:03 PM

Default RE: Metro Barrel

i heard of them metro extensions, they look rediculous! but if they allow you to shoot yer shotgun bein' surrounded by yer neighbors, or hunt on property that ain't to be hunted, (you got yer own special duck season in august,???) correctme if i'm wrong, but it don't sound like you got much regard fer the people that live around you, or lands closed to huntin' OR huntin' seasons! i hope i am wrong about you in every sense, if i am, i will appolagize.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:41 AM

Naw we respect our neighbors, the land, and the huntin seasons butits just that down here on Long Island we get a lot of complaints about gunnin so we have to go quiet and we dont hunt on land thats closed to huntin either...were 100% legal
Old 08-24-2006, 02:58 PM

in that case, i do aplologize, but ya' gotta' understand that postof yer's sounded a tad bit less than kosher. sorry fer blastin' ya', DD.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

I always wanted to get a pair of them to put on my o/u for a goof when skeet or sporting clay shooting[8D]. But they are supposed to help you hunt in situations like yours with the proper ammo.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

These barrel extensions are legal in some outer ring suburban areas around the the Twin Cities and I think in a number of other states where waterfowl habitat is right up near towns.
They do make very little noise and where allowed and properly used as with any firearm can be safe and considerate to your neighbors too. Many neighbors near the cities here complain all the time of the large number of Canada Giant geese that go around on their lake home lawns, golf courses, etc. and leave their "deposits" everywhere. This is one way to help thin out a few of the big birds near the city, where they tend to roost and feed.