Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Asking for hunting permission >

Asking for hunting permission

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Asking for hunting permission

Old 08-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Asking for hunting permission

I just got back from scouting for the Wisconsin early goose season which starts Sept, 1st. A couple good flocks of Canadas landed in a farmers field, and I figured out by talking to the neighbors who owns it. I plan to hunt it with about 2-3 of my huntin' buddies, and we will use layout blinds and wont dig any holes in his fields. This will be my first time asking for permission, so what tips have worked for you guys for getting permission, and also should I go with everyone I plan to hunt with, or can I go myself. I plan on giving him all my info and also I will offer him some of the meat from the hunts. Thanks for the help
Old 08-15-2006, 07:50 AM

Default RE: Asking for hunting permission

First off, I wouldnt be making plans on how you are going too be hunting it before you get the permission. You should have asked already,, this time of year everyone is looking for active fields and they are not pro-crastinating,, they are knocking on doors! Dont be surprised if someone hasnt already snapped it up! If he says no,, say thank you very much for your time, have a nice day!

Go by yourself and ask or if you have a young son or daughter bring them with you! tell him exactly how many people will be there and dont bring more! what vehicles will be used, are you allowed too drive in the field or do you have too walk?

Offer too clean the garbage out of the ditches along his farm,, trust me this one works! I asked a farmer if I could park on his property so I could clean the ditch because I was sick of looking at all the litter when I drove by.. I ended up with permission too hunt anything on his farm, and on 3 other farms that were adjoining! I walk and pick the litter out of those ditches every year!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Well I dont have any sons or daughters because I am only 17years old, but thanks for those tips, Im going to go today.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

dkhunter, around where in wisconsin do you usually hunt?
Old 08-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

In southern wi. I live in waunakee which is about 15 min. north of madison, where do u hunt duckhuntin247
Old 08-16-2006, 04:58 PM

How did it go?

Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

The farmer already had family hunting on the land, but he said try again next year. But when I was out last night I found a spot so if i see them hit that field again tonight Im going to go ask for permission
Old 08-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Southern Wisconsin also, in the southeast corner around Racine/Kenosha counties, but we do a little duck hunting up in northern Wisconsin near Rhinelander.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

I talked to 3 more farmers, and asked them if I could hunt. 2 of them said yes and were very nice guys, the third was also very nice but already had people hunting his land. I was a little intimidated to start with, but after dealing with the farmers they are all very nice people and dont mind people hunting their land as long as you clean up after yourselves. Thanks for the tips swampthing
Old 08-21-2006, 03:15 PM

Good tip. Once you get permission and you have a goood hunt, offer up some meat and get the farmer a gift certificate at a local restraunt or the feed store. It does wonders, and you will almost always hve no problems in the future. Dont be afraid to offer a littlehard work for permission even if they say no, youll be surprised how well it works next year if you do a little work for them.

Quick Reply: Asking for hunting permission

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.