Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Homemade Duck Blind

Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 PM

Default RE: Homemade Duck Blind

i have plans for a blind i was going to make also, almost identical. Heres what i drew up. You could always add support from the middle to the top and middle to the bottom. I made a middle bar to attach the grass easier so its held on better. Im thinking of making one like this for next year
Old 12-11-2007, 02:13 PM

How's your blind working out? We had the same idea this summer as well. We used 1.5 pvc and made both a 2 man and a 4man blueprint. We've had pretty good results with the ducks and the weight of the unit makes it very easy to move. If you'd like to compare innovations to the idea look us up.

jim
Old 12-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

The blind I made worked out pretty well. I leave it at the pond camoed up. I will probably be making a couple of more for some other ponds. I might even use your schematic as it looks to be sturdier than mine.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a quick story with pictures and how to's

http://www.hunting.net/fieldjournal/...l.aspx?nID=452
Old 12-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Did you glue it and just haul it out with you to where you want to hunt?
Old 12-11-2007, 09:15 PM

i made one in august, and i have to say it is roomy and would work perfect, if i would use it[:@]

cant seem to find a place to hunt with it realistically, although i will be using it for crow this winter, and any small water duck hunting i do. it works fine and i reccomend the purple primer and pvc cement, rock solid after this.

one tip, to use in corn, get a roll of that real thin mesh chicken wire, unroll it and cut panels to fit each side. fasten corn stubble to the panels and when complete roll them up to store. now it will blend in perfectly in cut corn fields, and all you have to do is fasten the panels on once in the field.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 PM

Hey guys, after doing quite a bit of research, I drew up some of my own plans. I took ideas from all over the place and put my own ideas into it. I haven't gotten a chance to put them to use as I wont be ready to build until mid August. However, I have done a lot of the research myself and found that the end product price should be around $30 for the pvc material (including primer and glue). In addition, I am planning on adding chicken wire to each side of the blind, allowing the fastening of the grass material to hold its strength and to stay attached to the blind for a longer period of time. The price for the chicken wire will be around another $30, but it is well worth it.

I found an article on this site that showed two pvc coupler options and after research, I agree with their thoughts, but I have found an option #3. The difference between option 1 and 2 is the 90 x 90 x 90 coupler. These are primarily made for sprinkler heads which universally are fabricated at 1/2". So the coupler is 1" x 1" x 1/2". But you can easily find a 1/2" to 1" male adapter that allows you to use this 1 x 1 x 1/2" setup, then placing the adapter on the 1/2" side and you are back in business with everything being 1".

Hope you all find this helpful and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help,

Kkelly

Kill 'em!

Old 08-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

back to the top
Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Spike

bump for more ideas!

I just drew for a blind and I am looking to build 1 like everyone else, light weight & I have to take it down the day after the season closes. So it must be transportable for quite a walk back in then storable. Fit 3-4 guys.
Looks like might be building out of wood & carrying in sides seperately.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Spike

Is there a way to see the pictures you put up for the that blind you built out of PVC

Quick Reply: Homemade Duck Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.