Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Decoys...

Old 08-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Decoys...

Depending on where you are hunting, have you thought about purchasing some quiver magnets. Where we hunt the, the decoys can ice up and those magnets keep the water open. Just another thought to ponder.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

There is enough current where I hunt (St Lawrence River) that the water doesn't freeze up until mid December. At that point, I've had my fill of ducks and am well into Ruffed Grouse and Snowshoes.

Cheers,
Old 08-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

id just buy 1 dnz ghg hot buys that would= 2dzn or so duckk deeks and i wouldnt buy a mojo if its late in the winter just use a drakwhistle...whoops i just gave away my secret
Old 08-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. I actually think I've canned the idea of the mojo duck. Gosh, it just seems like every hunter around has them now. If you want to go the electric way, I think you now have to go with two mojos and that rotating rod thing they sell in order to be different from the others.

I think I'm done with my decoy buying for the year. I'll have a couple dozen deeks; half blacks half mallards, four feeding mallards, 6 canadas and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the opinions guys, it helped me a lot.

Cheers
Old 08-13-2006, 03:58 PM

ight now, I'm thinking about adding one robo duk
I have a Robo Duk and a Mojo Mallard. I would definatly go with the Mojo. The Robo that I have is very noisy and doesn't imatate a ducks movements in the water near as well as the Mojo. The guys that invented the Mojo duck has a outdoor store in Batrop Louisiana and basically all he does is hunt. His name is Jeff Simmons, you can see him on Real Tree Road Trips with Waddell a lot when he goes turkey hunting. He's a big ole boy. I hunt with a guy that worked for Hunt Wise for a while and they make some very dependable stuff. I would at least check it out before I bought anything.

http://www.mojodecoys.net/index.html
Old 08-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

FUDs its the way to go
FUD:fold up decoy
they look so real when they move and takes a very little breeze to move 'em